IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest Soothsayer

I'm going to start judging those who put any importance on the Mercury prize at the same level as those who care about what the NME says about bands, it makes sense, it's appropriate, and all you people deserve to be looked at like stupid pigs, deal?

• 3 weeks later...

actually there's a bit too much trebly wobbly caspa nonsense near the end

but not a bad mix at all. that kulture track is nice.

as is the new shackleton on mordant music

Guest Soothsayer

AHHHHH, Unhappy Dance by Mac Koall! yes!!!

edit: I forgot to mention that I'm seeing 6Blocc live tonight so this is the reason for all my obnoxiousness/drunkenness/loudness on the board today. Atop, you'll probably see me as a hot mess tonight :D

Edited by Soothsayer

Guest Soothsayer

I like that new Headhunter, very moody and well-produced, as one would expect. The sample usage on "Prototypes" is awesome, too(*really* dig that "Too weird to live, too rare to die" sample, anyone know where that's from?).

So shit...is TRG *ever* gonna stop releasing amazing tracks?!

edit: Also saw 6Blocc last weekend. Not the best set I've seen live, selection-wise(that goes to Caspa), but by-far the best technical dubstep set I've seen yet. Dude can wreck the decks!

Edited by Soothsayer

I like that new Headhunter, very moody and well-produced, as one would expect. The sample usage on "Prototypes" is awesome, too(*really* dig that "Too weird to live, too rare to die" sample, anyone know where that's from?).

So shit...is TRG *ever* gonna stop releasing amazing tracks?!

edit: Also saw 6Blocc last weekend. Not the best set I've seen live, selection-wise(that goes to Caspa), but by-far the best technical dubstep set I've seen yet. Dude can wreck the decks!

The sample is Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

skream - midnight request line (remixes)... ah come on ollie i know you release about 20 things a month but this is milking it.

the hot chip mix is fucking trainwreck. awful. but i was expecting no less.

but the niche/funky influenced switch remix, i fucking love it.

the unrefined bassline appeals to my more primitive bish bash bosh 'ave it side lol

the Headhunter lp bores me....

new Starkey and Distance records have something to prove or else.....

and once again Matty G killed it, so now is the time to dj what we have up to now and keep the love alive!

I could see Mike P abandoning the dubstep......

fuck that Skwee shit!

but I do hope we get to see an official Lich release, another Vex'd record and more mixes from Cal Cutta!

Keep me up to date Soothsayer, I am out of the loop now except for all that I have collected (will still be paying attention to the big dubstep labels although they seemed to have slowed down a lot, wtf DMZ???), and I will still be going to the shows....

I can't believe I missed 6BLOCC and Caspa, * wah *!!!!

Guest mrcopyandpaste

i suppose now would be the time to link to the thread i started just now for hard dubstep mixes

Edited by mrcopyandpaste

The headhunter LP is frickin sublime, really enjoying it. Finally listened to the 2562 album too and really enjoy that too. I think they're the only 2 guys I've heard that can pull off music like that without it tiring.

Saw Skream and Benga at Creamfields and Skream was fucking awful. Just kept rewinding the tracks as soon as they got good and destroyed any flow of the music. I've heard since this is a regular thing with dubstep, god knows why. Benga was alright though, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again with Caspa & Rusko at the Warehouse project

Guest Soothsayer

yeah, rewinds are a bit trying on patience...the absolute dumbest rewind I've ever seen was a video on youtube of Underground Ice getting a blend of "Night" and "Attenshun" by Kromestar going, and then as soon as they both dropped, he would stop it, and then have to get them both cue'd again before starting up...after the 3rd fucking time of doing it, I yelled at my screen. Such self-important bullshit

Guest Soothsayer

The worst are when rewinds are caused not by dj themselves, but by someone else taking it upon themselves, walking up to the decks, stopping the deck and rewinding...I've seen that happen more than once at shows I was at, and if I was spinning when that happened, it would take a lot to hold back swinging on 'em.