IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

why are Dj's so fucking irritating sometimes, its like they feel guilty for not being able to make real tunes so they need to impose their 'tricks' on us when playing sets. jesus christ man just play the song, rewinding the record in fast motion is something was fun for me to try at age 8 when i first tried out a record play.

Guest Soothsayer

The thing w/rewinds that really gets me is that DJ's *never* let a track show its groove before being rewound, just 1-3 hits and bam, back to the beginning to wait for it again. It's like taking the "break" from an old rare groove track, but to an absurd degree. Are people really only into the big drop and that's it??? I know dnb suffered much the same problem.

AHHHHH, Unhappy Dance by Mac Koall! yes!!!

edit: I forgot to mention that I'm seeing 6Blocc live tonight so this is the reason for all my obnoxiousness/drunkenness/loudness on the board today. Atop, you'll probably see me as a hot mess tonight :D

ahh yes i love raw. got to kick it w him at a party here in oakland he did last year....spun both as 6blocc and r.a.w. the former was rinsing. *digs up fanboy pics*

vaccine PM'd me on dsf asking me to help save her wiki article, lol

*secretly starstrucK*

also, the amount of bullshit i have to deal with on wiki is unbelievable. basically some guy in eastern europe is rewriting/modifying loads of electronic music articles based on some book he has. he previously tried to write articles on 'thugstep' and 'nintendub'. sigh.

dubstep. new dark swing lol. reverting this bollocks a couple of times a day.

2-step garage.

new dark swing aka dark 2-step, apparently the root of all dubstep

and bassline house

i've tried to talk to him, he doesn't respond. i've tried to compromise by including his 'dark 2-step' in the infobox. this is doing my head in and i have no doubt other wiki editors heads in too cos he's changing looooads of articles. :(

Guest AOOproductions

Just listened to Untrue by burial all the way thru, gotta say im impressed... it really built on his debut well. Maybe dubstep has a future?

naaah......... but burial does thats for sure.

Guest Synthacat 9

hopefully some artists that got into the genre for the right reasons wont get out of it for the wrong ones

likewise hopefully those who got into dubstep for the wrong reasons will get out

for those who don't frequent the RLR website very often here are two new dubstepish free download releases i have put up

Kush Arora - Jihad years retrospective pt 1

x1.jpg

3 track EP

and a quasi teaser for the upcoming debut Lich release on RLR

Lich - Shadow Men

AlbumArtSmall1.jpg

2 track single

kaini i feel for your wikipedia woes, i honestly havent even bothered to try and update the fluorescent grey or record label records page because i dont want to deal with assholes who say it doesnt meet notability guidelines.

Edited by Awepittance

vaccine PM'd me on dsf asking me to help save her wiki article, lol

*secretly starstrucK*

also, the amount of bullshit i have to deal with on wiki is unbelievable. basically some guy in eastern europe is rewriting/modifying loads of electronic music articles based on some book he has. he previously tried to write articles on 'thugstep' and 'nintendub'. sigh.

dubstep. new dark swing lol. reverting this bollocks a couple of times a day.

2-step garage.

new dark swing aka dark 2-step, apparently the root of all dubstep

and bassline house

i've tried to talk to him, he doesn't respond. i've tried to compromise by including his 'dark 2-step' in the infobox. this is doing my head in and i have no doubt other wiki editors heads in too cos he's changing looooads of articles. :(

lol, i'm sorry, i know that sucks but it's still funny :D

I go through phases with dubstep and I can't get enough of it now. Only just heard Zomby and a lot of the TRG & Martyn tracks and they're great. I could never get involved heavily in the scene of it at all but theres some great artists that are a part of it

I go through phases with dubstep and I can't get enough of it now. Only just heard Zomby and a lot of the TRG & Martyn tracks and they're great. I could never get involved heavily in the scene of it at all but theres some great artists that are a part of it

whats a good martyn or zombie release or single to check out

Guest Soothsayer

Martyn= the Vancouver single or the Suburbia/All I Have is Memories single

Zomby= from what I've heard, that new Hyperdub EP he's got coming out is gonna be pretty damn good

kaini i feel for your wikipedia woes, i honestly havent even bothered to try and update the fluorescent grey or record label records page because i dont want to deal with assholes who say it doesnt meet notability guidelines.

you were reviewed in wire and appeared on a cover cd. that easily passes [[WP:N]]

anyway regarding my hassles, a few mods got my back so it should get sorted

Martyn= the Vancouver single or the Suburbia/All I Have is Memories single

Zomby= from what I've heard, that new Hyperdub EP he's got coming out is gonna be pretty damn good

Agreed with the Martyn there, I've only got 4 tracks by Zomby, 1 of which is 3 years old and the others are all remixes but those and the tracks on his myspace sound quite unique.

The Watch the ride Skream mix is quite a good un too, reminded me to get hold of the immense Caspa remix of TC's Where's My Money. I love the sound that Caspa & Rusko add to their remixes and productions.

Guest Soothsayer

Definitely check for that new Hyperdub ep coming out, should be the best thing Zomby's released. He did a split w/Darkstar that's also well worth checking out(actually, if ya like Zomby, Darkstar is just worth checking out, in general)

ya'll seen the Dubfiles film, interviews are damned cool, a bit long but gold at times......Skream (verbose mofo), Benga(and Benga loves BengaI am pretty sure), Rusko(down to earth mofo), Pinch(smart mofo), Caspa, Distance, Slaughter Mob, Search and Destroy, N-Type(funny mother fucker), and D1 (nerdy cool mofucka)....yeyah!

fuckin 2 hours 43 minutes....

essential for the stepperz!