IGNORED

Ableton delaying to kick in samples??

Guest The Bro

Wtf. This is really annoying the cunt out of me and I think my heads about to explode. In a live mix, stupid retarded Ableton is delaying when it introduces samples all the fuckin time. All the samples are in time but they come in 1 bar too late so they sound funny. I have no idea why its doing it. It'll delay for much longer than it should. I wait for it and then hit the sample and they its basically saying 'no i'm not playing now i'm gonna play 1/4 of the way into a riff or sample. This is really stressing the crap out of me big time and am totally confused as to why the cock shit is doing this.

i know this sound stupid, but you do realise live is automatically quantised so that you trigger the sample in the measure before the start point of the clip. if you're trying to literally tap trigger the sample and are even a tiny amount behind the timing, it will que the sample until the next measure of quantisation. you need to trigger it just before the start of the next bar, or whatever you have it set to.

i suspect this isn't your problem, it may be that your synch delay settings in preferences has been changed (to compensate for latency issues, or getting in time with a live drummer.. etc) and this might be causing your issue. but just want to check the obvious first.

Guest Promo

Yeah I've been using Ableton for a while and basically one's timing doesn't have to be inch perfect unlike Traktor so there's definitely something up. But yeah I do trigger just before the start of the next bar so yeah its a bit confusing why its just jerking me around.

Yeah it even delays the cunts when it click them to play together with the master play button thing so they should start exactly at the same time with no ifs or buts.

Guest Promo

Got it!!!!! I had the Quantisation to 4 bars that's why it was fuckin me up and I've set it back to Global. :shade:

Nope I was wrong its still playing up!!

Guest Promo

Total mystery to me .... some samples play in when they should and others just do totally as they please. I'm fucked if I know.

Guest Promo

Right I think I've solved it. Its Complex mode on the Warp system ... don't use it because it'll throw everything into termoil. If you have to individually sort out tracks then use Beat mode for Warping. Complex mode will fuck all the timing up.

Nope I'm wrong about that too. Christ wtf is wrong with fuck ass program?!!?!?!

if i were you id try find another programe to use, because all you seem to be having is trouble with ableton...

Nope I'm wrong about that too. Christ wtf is wrong with fuck ass program?!!?!?!

if i were you id try find another programe to use, because all you seem to be having is trouble with ableton...

yes, i would also echo this opinion. you are always having ableton problems mate....is it a cracked version you've got? maybe that's it...

anyway, start using AudioMulch or something...

Guest Emptyhandz

not very helpful comment but i get this problem too sometimes and haven't yet figured out why. Fuckin annoying innit?!?!?!?

i can't help but be stunned by the advise to completely drop your current working environment and take on something else that works in an entirely different way. just because you encounter problems with your DAW / sequencer of choice it's time to drop it and try a tracker or a sound design environment instead?

by that rationale, next time your car begins to perform poorly or stalls in traffic, simply get out and steal someone's bicycle. you'll be better off.

on a more constructive note, promo...

i've never heard of the particular problem you're having with live. i myself, along with just about everyone i work with at NI, uses it regularly and i've never seen what you describe. is there a way you can upload the project you're having difficulty with and let me take a look at it? if i can't figure it out there is a whole tech support department here that has seen just about every issue with every sequencer out there, so there's a good chance someone would be able to get to the bottom of it.

live frustrates me in some ways and will never be my primary sequencer, but that's more due to specific deviations from how i'm used to working (in logic), not due to functional issues.

drop me a line...

c

Guest skytree

yeah, a screen grab would be ideal.

some possibilities...?

1) you have your sample start marker offset by a few beats.

2) the other loops you're playing are in a different time signature.

Guest Promo

Works fine one day and the next the exact same loops play a bar too late or bar too early. Just total chaos so I'm pretty much out of answers. At this rate Live is becoming more and more unusable as a er live tool.

Archived