IGNORED

electric kalimba

Guest Weird Al

Guest Adjective

i'm jealous

i've been craving some real instruments to play with

they are cheaper than i thought from looking online, maybe i'll birthday gift me one of these

didn't see one with a pickup like that though

Guest 277: 930-933

Electric!?!

It doesn't even have MIDI, how the hell do you make music with that thing it sounds like hippies?

you should just make one yourself, there are plans in loads of books and probably all over the net for them. you can get cheap (but kind of tacky ones) at places like trade aid... not sure if you have those in the UK etc but just one of those stores which sell "ethnic" type stuff like those peruvian hats and tingshas

they're actually louder than you might think too so simply mic-ing them up is easy... or just use an old guitar pick-up or something.

my roommate is a percussionist. in college, he took a course with this guy that went to africa and studied how to make kalimbas. the first half of the course was building your own from scratch, and the second half was learning to play it/writing a piece for it .

it sounds amazing, and he can play it like a motherfucker.

Im digging your mp3

Guest brianellis
why not just get a cheap kalimba (approx £10- £20 from just about anywhere) and mike it up???

i wanted to be able to hook it up to pedals easily, and keep it more feedback free. this was quick and easy, and really wasn't that expensive. it sounds so amazing hooked up to a electro harmonix memory man... it's well worth it.

you should just make one yourself, there are plans in loads of books and probably all over the net for them. you can get cheap (but kind of tacky ones) at places like trade aid... not sure if you have those in the UK etc but just one of those stores which sell "ethnic" type stuff like those peruvian hats and tingshas

they're actually louder than you might think too so simply mic-ing them up is easy... or just use an old guitar pick-up or something.

my roommate is a percussionist. in college, he took a course with this guy that went to africa and studied how to make kalimbas. the first half of the course was building your own from scratch, and the second half was learning to play it/writing a piece for it .

it sounds amazing, and he can play it like a motherfucker.

Im digging your mp3

thanks... and that's awesome... i'd love to take that course

Archived