~~~  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Selected Ambient Works, '85-'92 sounds more like

• Deep Forest
    • Enigma

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i think he's moving back to this style for the upcoming bumphead 9000 release

• 2 years later...

love the last couple of seconds from 'I', with that high note, like it's disenchanting you and sending you back to reality

sorry for that, but I love it

Guest narkeworld

<!--quoteo(post=383421:date=Mar 15 2007, 02:30 PM:name=tidbit)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tidbit @ Mar 15 2007, 02:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=383421"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->yet another truth from ghostbuster number three<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

id like to hear an explanation for

a) how its true and not a lie that he made acid techno in 1985 before Pierre

or

B) why he lied and how its ok, and why most of his fans dont call him on this hilarious fib

a fun white lie like thsi wouldnt normally bother me, the only reason in this case it does because you have no fucking idea how many people ive run into who think aphex twin invented all rave electronic music because of this album. Arguing with a fleece vest wearing san francisco house DJ about how RDJ did not invent ambient or acid techno can sometimes be very very painful

There were others using 303 and an 808 before Pierre, CTI for instance.

• 2 weeks later...

i am mostly upset over this album because of the totally hoax bullshit dates on the cover. yeah its funny i guess but when you get half of your fans believing you did acid techno in 1985 its kind of sad and makes me want to cry.

where on the album does it state he's doing acid techno in 1985 anyway?

Archived