IGNORED

who of you smelly crusties are going to Glade

Guest Jimbob

oh im sure i would enjoy it when i was there, but i find 3 days events mentally and physically exausting and basically cba.

the ticket was free, and so was the 150 quid. too much temptation to bear.

its also a real pain in the nutsack being shy around other people you dont know for weeks at least, it means that most people think im the most boring dickhead theyve ever met, all i do is sit next to people and chain smoke weed, enjoying their conversations without ever participating. i always feel as soon i start to speak that other people would much prefer to be listening to someone else, and have real problems ever speaking until i am actually sure a person likes me.

of course this doesnt apply if i dont actually like the people, so i find myself able to chat to hard scallies who come down from the e.port ghettos to pick up with ease. i dunno.

anyway theres a massive 1000 person semi legal rave being organised with a mix of dutch hardcore and scousehouse in a field 3 minutes away from where i live on the saturday, so im sure il have a great weekend anyway. ive also got an ounce of real black domino *ejaculates*

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
semi legal rave being organised with a mix of dutch hardcore and scousehouse in a field

well, whatever floats your boat mate.....i know what i'd prefer....

Fair play mate. No offence but it sounds like if you cut down on the smoke you'd find it a lot easier to have conversations with randoms and to not get worn out so quickly, leading to you getting more out of events like Glade. I speak from experience.

maybe next year eh.

ive just an oppurtunity to go the big chill with expenses paid as part of a 30 man steward crew actully. il have to have a think about that one.

Guest Iain C

I'm lucky because I don't need to sell my glade ticket to get an MS-series synth as I already have both. Hooray!

i'm concerned about tightened drug restrictions though, I know I know it's the law and Glade's a bigger event now, but it's great to be able to toke openly and peacefully without fear of a clobbering

yes, it might rain.

but it's going to rain all over the fucking UK like it has done for the past 3 months solid, so what does it matter?

Doesn't matter where you'll be on that weekend - if it's going to rain it's going to bloody rain. Who cares when you're swedgered off your knapper and the likes of Mayday or Hawtin are putting on a fabuloso set a couple of hundred yards in any given direction - and most of it under cover I might add.

Beats sitting on the bloody sofa watching 'reality tv' with a beer in hand and the rain running down the windows.

woot.

I'm going to be optimistic and predict that it won't rain. I think it will be patches of sun and mostly overcast. Certainly better than the quagmire of Glastonbury.

This summer is proper fucking shit so far really isn't it? Where's the sun?

it may rain everywhere in the country, but i would prefer to be 1 mile away from home covered in mud and sweat, starting to chafe and feel soaked, steaming, and uncomfortable, with a raucous hangover, than 200.

i am a bit of a fanny teeange raver though, i like clubs and afterpartys rather than fields and tents.

lol. get out of your comfort zone you wimp!! stop smoking so much weed and you won't shit yourself about travelling 200 miles.... oh well, too late now..:) i doubt you'll be going to big chill either though if you're honest with yourself.... anyway, what's all this shit about tighter drug laws?? what a load of bollocks. some geezer tries to nick my joint off me, i'm fucking gonna run off with it laughing like a madman and make him chase me.

Guest Dirty Protest

Its all tented and dry, unless you like Psytrance, then you deserve to get fucking hailed on.

no i sold out my glade ticket because i thought it was like weeks away and its 6 days. was gonna buy synth out of pc fund.

im sure that when its amazing il feel a twinge of regret, then just forget about it because nobody i know in real life has even heard of it really.

Guest butane bob
no i sold out my glade ticket because i thought it was like weeks away and its 6 days. was gonna buy synth out of pc fund.

im sure that when its amazing il feel a twinge of regret, then just forget about it because nobody i know in real life has even heard of it really.

What, the synth or the Glade?

And really dude, I know I'd have laughed at this if it was said to me a few years ago, but if you take a break from your weed habit you might actually start to feel better for it.

I'm not being high and mighty, and I'm more into it now than I ever was, sadly enough. When I smoke every day I tend to mumble and can't come up with the right words for things. And I feel like I'm boring the ass off everyone (which I probably am).

That's why I love MDMA hehe :)

Guest Coalbucket PI

It'll be louder than any rave running off a petrol generator... thinking too much about the volume is a waste of time, go and stand next to the speakers, you'll forget about it pretty quickly

Fuck the weather forecast, they always get it wrong anyway, Im definitely sticking with an optomistic point of view, every single year the weathers been great! Hopefully this will be the weekend that starts the summer...

Guest kalpol_introl

It doesn't matter if it rains or not, it's still going to be incredibly muddy. The amount of rain that's fallen means the ground is going to be very soft as it is, and 12,500 people walking over it is just going to create a mudbath.

Bring it on I say.

Haha, I don't even have a tent that's fit for purpose at the moment! I'm thinking of getting some hiking boots, too...

A good pair of wellies and trainers will be all you will need I think... hiking boots would get mud everywhere I would of thought...

I'm still predicting no/very little rain! I'm prepared to be very smug when I get back! ;)

Is anyone else woefully underprepared for this? So much to sort out, such little time!

yeah, I ain't got shit! fuck it, I'm just gonna take weed and some booze and get me class a's there. and if i don't get any, then never mind - not that bothered about them any more really - i just want to fucking get there man!!

Archived