IGNORED

hey, check out me ! im on a website!!!

SR4

feel free to make fun of my music

its a small project by my ex=girlfriend to make a website promoting poetry, music, etc. to her campus...

check under "Matt Hollis"

tell me what you think, good or bad

Track 1: Cheap shitty imitation of Daft Punk or some shit

Track 2: Cheap imitation of Brian Eno or some shit.

A Small Good Thing-Matt HOllis

im sorta pissed that they didnt put my artist name, but whatever.

Edit: I wasnt sure if this was good to go in general banter. please feel free to move it if it doesnt belong here. ill take a warn, or whatever.

sorry, for the second track, turn volume up very loud for full effect

Guest analogue wings
ok, this is obviously not working. is it possible to delete this or send it over to EKT?

I'm sorry WATMM has failed to provide its usual constructive feedback in a safe, nurturing space.

ok, this is obviously not working. is it possible to delete this or send it over to EKT?

I'm sorry WATMM has failed to provide its usual constructive feedback in a safe, nurturing space.

Im sorry WATMM has failed to provide anything other than five-second jokes and jabs. how is this any sort of feedback? Can someone use me as a "joke" and just say my tracks suck and thatll be the end of it?

Guest analogue wings

You could try posting in the right forum if you want feedback on your tracks. Also, observe the amount of feedback a typical post in YLC gets. Adjust expectations accordingly.

You could try posting in the right forum if you want feedback on your tracks. Also, observe the amount of feedback a typical post in YLC gets. Adjust expectations accordingly.

you are quite right. thanks.

mods could you please delete or move this?

Guest analogue wings

1st track "Crunch" -

You are quite right about the Daft Punk thing. The vocals samples remind me of Prefuse and therefore piss me off. This track has good sounds, but because there's not really a big groove or hook to latch onto, it doesn't quite work as a standalone. Would probably work fine nestled amongst a group of similar tracks.

1st track "Crunch" -

You are quite right about the Daft Punk thing. The vocals samples remind me of Prefuse and therefore piss me off. This track has good sounds, but because there's not really a big groove or hook to latch onto, it doesn't quite work as a standalone. Would probably work fine nestled amongst a group of similar tracks.

ah thanks man

it was intended as a mix into a seires ov minimal techno shit i made....so yeah, you hit it on the head....i should try to work up on the percussion and effects. definately a good criticism. thanks.

Guest analogue wings

2nd track -

I know this is painful to do with ambient trax, but you really need to hit this fucker hard with a limiter.

This sounds really nice, but I don't think I've heard ANY ambient track that works all on its lonesome. Needs some company!

2nd track -

I know this is painful to do with ambient trax, but you really need to hit this fucker hard with a limiter.

This sounds really nice, but I don't think I've heard ANY ambient track that works all on its lonesome. Needs some company!

what do you mean by a limiter? ill be honest, im not an expert on anything musically, especially in the area of electronic music, what do you mean by a limiter?

people may tear me apart, whatever, i give a lot of credit to analogue wings to being honest and actually reviewing my shit.

Guest analogue wings

Open the final WAV in a wav editor like Soundforge.

Look at the WAV and see where the "real" loudest bits are (ie not the freakish one off peaks where it hits 0db). You'll see that the "real" loudest part is minus something db.

Now fire up a Limiter plugin (or the built in limiter) and limit to minus something db. This will pull back the freak peaks to what you think should be the real max.

Now you can normalise and your song will get (however many db you limited by) louder, but it will still sound the same.

Archived