IGNORED

Fruity Loops Midi Routing and Sound Recording VST

Guest kian

How do I set my midi controllers to route to separate vsts? For Example I want to set my sampler to battery and my midi keyboard to pro 53 but what happen is my sampler and midi keyboard all play on one or the other.

Also I am looking for a vst that can record from my mic in real time.

How do I set my midi controllers to route to separate vsts? For Example I want to set my sampler to battery and my midi keyboard to pro 53 but what happen is my sampler and midi keyboard all play on one or the other.

I wanna do this in fruity loops

You can't, that's the short answer.

The long answer is that you can, sort of. Create a layer instrument, and set your various instruments to be children of that layer. If you assign a different section of the keyboard to each instrument (in its own plugin properties window), you can have all your different instruments running off your various controllers.

This is, however, a twat to set up. Also, the time offset control is disabled if the instrument is part of a layer. As well as that, whenever you go in and edit one of the instruments in your layer, all midi input will switch to that one instrument, because the layer is automatically de-selected.

FLS is crap when it comes to handling multiple MIDI controllers. As for your MIC-recording needs, FLS version 7 has the Edison instrument, which does exactly what you need.

• 2 months later...
Guest kian

You can't, that's the short answer.

The long answer is that you can, sort of. Create a layer instrument, and set your various instruments to be children of that layer. If you assign a different section of the keyboard to each instrument (in its own plugin properties window), you can have all your different instruments running off your various controllers.

This is, however, a twat to set up. Also, the time offset control is disabled if the instrument is part of a layer. As well as that, whenever you go in and edit one of the instruments in your layer, all midi input will switch to that one instrument, because the layer is automatically de-selected.

FLS is crap when it comes to handling multiple MIDI controllers. As for your MIC-recording needs, FLS version 7 has the Edison instrument, which does exactly what you need.

thanks a lot, lol sorry if I am a bit late

Archived