IGNORED

Digital Performer 5.1 users

chenGOD

Ok.. so I got myself a copy of DP 5.1 (for OS X) to try out.

Fuck me it's not exactly intuitive. All i want to do right now is muck about with some audio sequencing. I've got a few audio clips imported as soundbites. Now, how the hell do I get them into the sequencer part? The help file says click on the little icon that says "insert soundbite" so I do that, and a menu comes up with the list of soundbites. I choose one...and then nothing?

So umm what's the rub?

you can just drag and drop audio files from the finder into the sequencer. then they will be stored as soundbites which you can choose from the soundbite list. soundbite is DP's term for audio file pretty much.

I think I had that same "copy" - I hated it.... intuitive my ass. Buy Abelton, I had a pretty easy going with that ....I know people give Dp some props but... I don't know if it was the interface or what but I couldn't do shit with it.

you can just drag and drop audio files from the finder into the sequencer. then they will be stored as soundbites which you can choose from the soundbite list. soundbite is DP's term for audio file pretty much.

That's worked. Cheers. Dunno why it doesn't work the way they say to do it in the help section....

i use a sampler for audio clips

Bully for you. I'm gonna try and re-wire Reason into it...

Guest aeser
Bully for you. I'm gonna try and re-wire Reason into it...

do or do not, there is no try

(but it should work no problem)

• 2 weeks later...

VSTs and DP?

I installed a bunch of shit like buffer override (as a typical IDM example). Doesn't show up in the drop down menu. QTF?

VSTs and DP?

I installed a bunch of shit like buffer override (as a typical electronic music example). Doesn't show up in the drop down menu. QTF?

AU only in digital performer, it doesnt support VST.

Archived