IGNORED

BoC Clones / Similar Artists

o00o

Hope this topic wasnt here allready (at least the search engine didnt find anything)

do you know similar artists / ripoffs / Clones of BoC

for me Sensiva is kind of similar

( http://www.last.fm/music/Sensiva/ )

and freescha kind of is as they tried hard to make a fake of campfire headphase which wasnt good but they sounded similar

also http://www.myspace.com/eskyberlin pops up beeing also a member here i assume (sadly only the 4 tracks on myspace nothing more...)

any other suggestions?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

prhizzm

christ.

maybe dextro

beyond that it depends which aspect of boc are you looking for . . .

Guest plant extract
prhizzm

christ.

maybe dextro

beyond that it depends which aspect of boc are you looking for . . .

I wouldn't say christ or dextro have much in common with BOC musically. Christ's past synth technique may have been a little similar, but musically his stuff is more jarring and with fairly unique quirky melodies. Dextro for me contains post rock and dub influences that are unique to his sound. Granted both of these acts use similar found sounds and textures to do what they do.

Guest Esky

oOOo wrote:

also http://www.myspace.com/eskyberlin pops up beeing also a member here i assume (sadly only the 4 tracks on myspace nothing more...)

Well, yes...let's say i'm kind of "influenced"... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile for me this a whole music genre with people like

Christ, Kelpe, Phasic, Tycho, Hills West, Syntaks, Shamanic Technology, Jash...and many more...

Maybe one should create a proper name for this music. Anyway...my album is hopefully out by June or July...so...there will be more...

Greetz from Berlin, Esky

Guest ~ism
Well, yes...let's say i'm kind of "influenced"... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile for me this a whole music genre with people like

Christ, Kelpe, Phasic, Tycho, Hills West, Syntaks, Shamanic Technology, Jash...and many more...

Maybe one should create a proper name for this music. Anyway...my album is hopefully out by June or July...so...there will be more...

Greetz from Berlin, Esky

agreed - there is a genre of its own that has grown from the boc-inspired sound, though most have taken the idea off in their own respectie directions.

nothing is altogether new in music. every rock band can trace their sound back to a previous incarnation of the same type of music as it developed in the early '50s and 60's. downtempo electronic music of a certain nature often gets unfairly tagged as boc clone when it's anything but.

on your tip of Shamanic Technology, look out for his new debut album 'Doorways' coming out on CD later in year on Herb Recordings, with a 7" promo single released hopefully in the next 4-6 weeks. I've had the album on rotation constantly for the past few months and it really is a cracker if you're into this sort of sound.

Keep an eye on the Herb site for news on this or checkout his stuff at his myspace.

Guest thechintzyschpincter

This may come as a shock but when I want to hear some music that sounds like BoC, I listen to BoC.

Guest thechintzyschpincter

Actually, this may sound really unrealistic, but the new Cannibal Corpse album has some serious BoC influences. Check it out.

Guest skytree
skytree
Actually, one of the reasons I was signed to my current label is because I "didn't sound derivative of BoC". So, too bad my international distributor disagrees with you, eh.

Fucking ponce.

Guest skytree
i guess merck didnt think tycho sounded like boc either
Who knows what Merck thought...they went under.

Let's hear your tunes...

You've got 7 years on me, so I'd imagine you must be doing a lot better.

i guess merck didnt think tycho sounded like boc either

skytree doesn't sound like boc, cloth-ears.

plus he was doing the guitar thing long before tch.

maybe you should listen to a wider range of music.

though i'm open to the possibility that you might not either 'grt' or appreciate it.

up to you i guess.

Archived