IGNORED

help with midi keyboard

Guest Kaiser

Guest Kaiser

Hello guys

well, if you guys see my posts you could see that i'm a complete retarded when it comes to music making stuff, all i know is how to use FL and some trackers (well, i use it but not very right..)

BUT i'm dedicating about 2-3 hours a day and everyday i learn a bit more, now i got a question for you guys

what exactly a midi keyboard do?

Like, i'm using FL, can i use the keys instead of marking the piano roll? If not, how can i use it?

Please take it easy on me, and explain the most simple way please

Thank you for you time and apprehension

A midi keyboard would make your life a lot easier. It would allow you to record things in real time in FL, rather than doing everything by step recording. You can play the synthesizer plug-ins or trigger samples and record what you've played.

Another thing you can do is control parameters using the pitch or mod wheels (or knobs and sliders if your controller has them). So, for instance, you could control a filter or the amount of reverb etc. in real time, and record what you've tweaked.

Hope this helps.

Guest Glass Plate

I do real time recording with my computer ps2 keyboard. It was like 5$ and probally wont break as easily.

Guest Kaiser
A midi keyboard would make your life a lot easier. It would allow you to record things in real time in FL, rather than doing everything by step recording. You can play the synthesizer plug-ins or trigger samples and record what you've played.

Another thing you can do is control parameters using the pitch or mod wheels (or knobs and sliders if your controller has them). So, for instance, you could control a filter or the amount of reverb etc. in real time, and record what you've tweaked.

Hope this helps.

actually your reply helped me alot, now i just need some help chosing a good one for begginers, if someone can help, the price can be up to 200$

a ps2 keyboard? That would be ALOT expensive here and i'll probably have to import one, so if i'm going to import i'd rather buy a midi :P

any recomendations?

Guest Kaiser

the novation is not cheaper, he's 5 cents more expensive!

now i'm in doubt, for a begginer i think the oxygen would be more apropriate, the novation got some extra stuff, and they both look cute :3

am i right?

Guest Kaiser

hmm, then i think i'll be getting the novation

thank you very much for your advices people

soon i'll post a production of mine here ^^

btw you got the coolest avatar ever jon :D

Guest Kaiser

whoa there's even a sequencer controller in it

i can feel that a midi keyboard will help me alot in my production, im getting the novation asap

tyvm for the help jon :smiling:

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

there are a couple people on watmm that actually have that keyboard, too.

i'd totally pay up to $50 for one, just for the the charmingness of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philia

this thread is good, it answered questions that i also had.

just ordered the novation remote25 :smile:

Guest Kaiser

joyrex should make a thread gathering all explanatory threads and pin it

would help alot of newbie kts (and that includes me)

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOAXIOM25

M-Audio Axiom 25 looks nice too...

I am looking for something like this under 250 that is also an audio interface, as i'm stuck with mme onboard laptop sound right now... can't seem to find this anywhere. Recommendations?

i got the 49 key at guitar center for $225 after bargaining with the sales person.

Guest philia

hey guys, i had ordered the novation remote 25le, but now it's apparently discontinued. :cry:

what's another good controller at that price range?

Guest philia

sorry for double posting but are these quality controllers:

Evolution MK-449C MIDI Controller

Korg K-25 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller

thanks

Guest awkward
they'd both be great for beginners. in fruityloops just right click on a knob or whatever and click link to controller, then move any knob, joystick, button, or touchpad on your keyboard, presto, now whatever you moved or pressed controls that knob, slider, or button.

anyone know how to do the same thing in abelton? is the midi map the way to go. say i want to link a slider to the volume of a track...

unfortunately my keyb isn't listed in the control surfaces in abelton

Guest philia

got the controller today and i'm very pleased. been playing with it for the past few hours...doing stuff on reason now that used to be really a hassle w/ just a keyboard and mouse. sliders are sooo cool omg :embrassed: bringing elements in and out of a tune is now effortless. a whole new world has opened up for me :smile:

Archived