IGNORED

now listen carefully

Guest taxman

Guest taxman

my first song in ages

it's sort of a remix of a famous song... you'll probably figure it out in the first few seconds

i'm listening to it on good speakers but theyre bad as monitors so any mixing and equing advice would be nice.

Guest taxman

come on guys it doesn't suck

and it's only 3 minutes of your time

ten views and only one download... i don't get it

Guest Jimbob

thought i recognised it, but i was wrong. sounds very 90's thats all i can say

i don't wanna criticise a remix, but i thought it was maybe a bit repetetive....each to their own though eh

Guest taxman

thanks for listening man

the guitar sample is from the early 70s

the "make you very rich" sample and the aaahhhhhhh are from willy wonka and the chocolate factory

This is sick, i really like what you've done with the guitar, the bass is well done and the Aaaaah sample was a sweet touch, but i'd suggest cutting it off before the pitch drops too low

this is cool man. it's structured perfectly i must say, everything flowed very nicely. i dont like the pitch bends with the voice sample towards the end, but that's the only thing i didnt like.

Guest taxman

thanks man

yeah i was playing around trying to figure out how to make the voice sustain a lower note after it drops but cutting it off at the right pitch might be the be way to go

edit: thanks for listening to you too goffer

any of you guys have tracks you want me to check out?

edit: thanks for listening to you too goffer

any of you guys have tracks you want me to check out?

sure LINKY

as for that vocal, i had an idea. when you pitch bend it a bit instead of that, maybe cut the smaple up a bit so it has some dead space between beats. i'll try to explain with a diagram of some sort:

L....................L

Ahhhh_hhhh_hhhh_hhhh

...........R ..................R

_ = no sound

L and R = pan

it might be cool or it might be terrible, just throwing it out there.

I don't mind repetition at all but I think that when a track is going to have repetition, the creator has to be extremely careful about what he/she is going to repeat in the track because if the wrong thing is repeated too much, the listener will simply tire and not go back to the track. This was just the right length and sounded nice and original to my ears. I think the production is good, the drums penetrate the mix nicely. The decending "ahhhh" voice sample is too loud in the mix IMO and used too often, in fact, because it's so startling and an effective sample,I felt it could have been used just once and the listener would remember it much more, or make it quieter in the mix. I think if you pulled the guitar at certain points too and re-introduce it, it would be more effective but overall great work, this was pretty refreshing, nice one.

Guest taxman

thanks for the advice man. because of the lack of melodic progression i think the sample needs to be in there every once in a while to give you something else to listen to... sort of a punctuation i guess. i can see what you mean about the volume though. a lot of what i do is pretty ambient so i'm used to really subtle changes and gradual progression. i've just been listening to a lot of bonobo recently and i got really drugged up and went sampling things.

Guest tht! tne

i don't recognize the original does this mean i've caught the gay?!

the only thing i really like about it is the effects on the string instrument

Guest taxman

the grass roots - live for today

i'm surprised nobody has said so already... but maybe it's just obvious to me because i already know

Guest yan_g
come on guys it doesn't suck

and it's only 3 minutes of your time

ten views and only one download... i don't get it

if you look at all the threads, the approximate rate is 1 reply every 10 reads.

like the children choir. the vibe is quite strange, with that sound both dark & cheesy. sounds like an eighties recording. i'm now reading it's a remix (haven't read the post, just clicked the link and scrolled down :smile: ) can't figure out what's the original track.

i'd say that the track's got personnality but i didn't like it.

Archived