IGNORED

Roland Alpha Juno 2

I'm not even 1000% all those people who use hoovers bought a Juno, I was under the impression that most of them just sampled Mentasm.

Guest analogue wings

If you own the actual synth, you can create infinite tonal variations on the hoover. Like the somewhat mild hoovering in the track I posted.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dnoyes
Except the Alpha Juno only has one oscillator :rolleyes:

it has a pulse dco,saw dco + noise and sub osc. looks like more then one to me

Guest analogue wings
that's prolly still 1 DCO capable of saw/pul, PLUS a noise, PLUS a sub. looks like one to me.

The Juno 2 has 3 seperate oscillators, as mentioned above.

No it doesn't you fucking spoon.

It has a single DCO per voice. Because it's a DCO, it can generate a mix of waveforms off one oscillator. Each voice also has a sub oscillator slaved to the main oscillator. Sub oscillators aren't included in a traditional oscillator count, since they are slaved to the main oscillator and can't be independently pitched.

You do know that Vintage Synth Explorer is notoriously inaccurate and hasn't been updated for 7 years, right?

Try a site that knows what rhe fuck it's on about, like Sealed or Synthmania.

that's prolly still 1 DCO capable of saw/pul, PLUS a noise, PLUS a sub. looks like one to me.

The Juno 2 has 3 seperate oscillators, as mentioned above.

No it doesn't you fucking spoon.

It has a single DCO per voice. Because it's a DCO, it can generate a mix of waveforms off one oscillator. Each voice also has a sub oscillator slaved to the main oscillator. Sub oscillators aren't included in a traditional oscillator count, since they are slaved to the main oscillator and can't be independently pitched.

You do know that Vintage Synth Explorer is notoriously inaccurate and hasn't been updated for 7 years, right?

Try a site that knows what rhe fuck it's on about, like Sealed or Synthmania.

Hence in my Nord Modularized example the next two OSC's are slaved to the orignal and cannot be pitched independantly of it.

Archived