IGNORED

the common breaks

Guest tht tne

Guest tht! tne

where do you get the common breaks ("funky drummer," "think," "apache")

does everyone just record them to .wav from the original records or is there a repository

• 3 weeks later...
I found a shitload on a grime forum, lol

You may lol but those grime producers are really into their samples! There's a massive sense of paranoia around sending tracks out incase people steal their beats or whatever, I've seen tons of "DO NOT SEND THIS SHIT OUT" warnings on really good tracks purely because they don't want to be ripped off. It did occur to me the other day that in electronic music everyone samples each other and couldn't care less.

Guest greenbank
I found a shitload on a grime forum, lol

You may lol but those grime producers are really into their samples! There's a massive sense of paranoia around sending tracks out incase people steal their beats or whatever, I've seen tons of "DO NOT SEND THIS SHIT OUT" warnings on really good tracks purely because they don't want to be ripped off. It did occur to me the other day that in electronic music everyone samples each other and couldn't care less.

this happens in all crate-digging genres. i always find it to be a bit lame - 'oh no! someone might make a better track than me with the same break!' i prefer everyone to have everything and it's what you do with it that counts rather than being the one to find a good break and keeping it to yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived