IGNORED

Mattson Mini Modular - Phoenix Series

kokoon

• 1 month later...

So I wondered what was happening with this...

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the forum.

The first lot is half filled. Orders slowed down a bit.

There is still a couple of weeks left before the final decision is made on how to proceed. I have been giving the current customers updates. I have also been working on finding the resources to at least get the first lot built whether it's filled or not. It really is a fun little synth and it would be a shame to just drop it.

I've been busy just "tightening up" the specs and finalizing designs.

I hope that answers your question.

Thank you for your support

George

So basically that sounds to me like "We don't have enough money to order/build the first lot, we're not sure how to proceed, oh shit".

well, too bad. not because i like the MMM, but because it'll scare away others so we won't be seeing any new synth attempts like the MMM in the near future.

or maybe it will inspire others to do a good (better) job than this? even if this project was perfectly steamlined and everything worked out, it still would be just another cookiecutter moog-school modular, i mean, IF you are going to clone something, then at least clone something interesting like buchla or serge stuff

if it was cheaper i might consider it, but for the money i'm not even remotely interested.

another analog synth with different components, and more interestingly, different filters would be a welcome addition, but this is pretty basic, and at 800 quid... fuck, i could get a juno or an sh101 cheaper than that.

Archived