IGNORED

Sold a track today

beneboi

got a call today, some rapper had been given a cd of mine and wanted the rights to one of my songs

this is the original that i made -

http://www.room203.net/pipefist/reggaeforbaby.mp3

this is the 'album version' which the rapper gave to me on cd -

http://www.room203.net/pipefist/killedmysong.mp3

both are piss poor. and if you're trying to value quality of music with money, you've obviously met the wrong guy to discuss this with. the people who make the most money off music are usually also the source of some of the worst tripe available to this fine earth.

you're a dreadful shit.

sorry.

(well, to be non confrontational for a moment, the original isn't piss poor. i'm just winding you up a bit.)

both are piss poor. and if you're trying to value quality of music with money, you've obviously met the wrong guy to discuss this with. the people who make the most money off music are usually also the source of some of the worst tripe available to this fine earth.

you're a dreadful shit.

sorry.

awesome

im sorry you haven't (and wont) achieve any success with your music

thanks for the constructive criticism, youve really helped me to understand what I did wrong with the song and learn how to produce better in the future

jesus christ you are a fucking douche

haha, i knew you wouldn't catch my ninja edit.

like it makes any difference?

you're a dreadful shit.

is going in my sig

im sorry if it offends you that i made money with music, but i thought that was the whole fucking point, to live off of what you love doing? i sold two tracks to one person yesterday (whom i had never met before he called to ask for the rights) and it payed my rent + bills. yes, the end result was terrible and i had nothing to do with the recording/post production what so ever, but i dont really care, this allows me to fuck off and keep making music which is what i love doing. also, it wasnt right for me to say you wont ever achieve success, im sure theres a giant market for throwback acid tracks, but i guess that wouldnt matter because you wouldnt take money for your 'art'

jesus, talk about being touchy.

my first record's just been pressed and more are coming up. i'm also being acknowledged by people i respect. and i like what i'm doing, which is prooobably the most important factor here.

maybe you are a dreadful shit after all. oh well. doesn't change a thing. the beat wasn't bad, anyway. not the best reggae recycling job i've heard, but the edits were decent. cheer up, i was joking with you a bit. don't be spiteful.

jesus, talk about being touchy.

my first record's just been pressed and more are coming up. i'm also being acknowledged by people i respect. and i like what i'm doing, which is prooobably the most important factor here.

maybe you are a dreadful shit after all. oh well. doesn't change a thing. the beat wasn't bad, anyway. not the best reggae recycling job i've heard, but the edits were decent. cheer up, i was joking with you a bit. don't be spiteful.

lolwtf why is it that someone can troll you, but if you say anything back to them you become touchy? also, ill buy a copy of your record if you link me to it.

Its funny, I'm a dreadful troll on the main board, but when it comes to EKT I try to play it straight. I don't like fucking with peoples creative output at all because I find it pretty deep in terms of impact whereas I feel like if you can't shrug off me telling you your choice in ISP's is shit then you should get some counseling before getting on the internet.

I like your music noise but this bit here is pretty lame.

Anyhow, congrats on selling the track. Not really my cup of tea so I can't really comment either way other than it seems well put together. The rapper is fucking hysterically bad though.

it was a poke at beneboi since he jizzed up my eap 23 thread with "crayola bullshit" comments. it wasn't meant as anything serious, although the first post WAS serious. i was only talking about the rap track though, as it was the only link i seemed to discover.

it was a poke at beneboi since he jizzed up my eap 23 thread with "crayola bullshit" comments. it wasn't meant as anything serious, although the first post WAS serious. i was only talking about the rap track though, as it was the only link i seemed to discover.

holy shit, i had completely forgotten about that, just looked up the thread, and i definitely deserve a large amount of flaming

sorry, i was probably drunk

Guest splagawaga

thats pretty funny :)

the original tune is ok. but the version with vocals is hilarious! how could he not tell they were peaking and way too loud in the mix?

at least u got some money for it eh?

thats pretty funny :)

the original tune is ok. but the version with vocals is hilarious! how could he not tell they were peaking and way too loud in the mix?

at least u got some money for it eh?

true, i have no idea why he and all the people who listened to it and bought the cd thought it sounded good. it was uncomfortable hearing him play it for me because i just had to nod my head and make sure i didnt say anything to piss off all the thugs in the room.

this is piss poor.

the rapping is terrible, are you talking about the music itself though? if so, are you able to live off of the money you make with your music?

back to the old silly argument ^^

can you explain how you get to that conclusion? that someone who lives from his music doesn't make piss poor music?

LOL he turned up with his crew?

Do they all want you to hook them up with beats now too?

i went to his place, he was having some sort of party, and yea now alot of them want beats as well

can you explain how you get to that conclusion? that someone who lives from his music doesn't make piss poor music?

i feel i dont make piss poor music? i was basically saying that (because people want to buy my music) that i didn't feel like it was piss poor, and i guess i was taking a jab at him unfairly because his comment made me sad :sad:

Guest joshier

you cant be so sensitive.

also, hey if you sell your music then cool.

... though if you can, get better at doing tracks you really like to sell, then you'll be more proud of them.. i guess it's the factor of doing them faster.

one more thing.. I think less tacky sounding vocals for the second part of the song.... choir would sound better i think.

p.s. the rapper would be better if he rapped on time, mastered his vocal track better, added some effects to it to sync with actual track...

you cant be so sensitive.

also, hey if you sell your music then cool.

... though if you can, get better at doing tracks you really like to sell, then you'll be more proud of them.. i guess it's the factor of doing them faster.

one more thing.. I think less tacky sounding vocals for the second part of the song.... choir would sound better i think.

p.s. the rapper would be better if he rapped on time, mastered his vocal track better, added some effects to it to sync with actual track...

its all done, he had recorded before he even contacted me.

i sold two more today to some people i met through him

http://www.room203.net/pipefist/hard.mp3

http://www.room203.net/pipefist/posturesounding.mp3

LOL he turned up with his crew?

Do they all want you to hook them up with beats now too?

i went to his place, he was having some sort of party, and yea now alot of them want beats as well

i feel i dont make piss poor music? i was basically saying that (because people want to buy my music) that i didn't feel like it was piss poor, and i guess i was taking a jab at him unfairly because his comment made me sad :sad:

well you shouldn't take peeps' comments so seruously. still think that money is not linked to quality in such a simple way. found yuor track ok, didn't give the rap one a listen.

Archived