IGNORED

tape attempt

Guest philia

hey guys messed around with some tape today

recorded a track i was working on to tape, then did this -> http://www.f7sound.com/tapebreak.htm

it's pretty neat. got some cool dropout fx. only did like a minutes worth though, i'll damage more tape sometime later

but how do you like it? and do any of you guys do this? :embrassed:

Guest cuubjan

I really like that attached file, and that bit of destruction, it'd be neat to see that develop into a full finished piece

I haven't gotten into using tapes that much yet but ive been meaning to for a while, keep it up

I really like this!

Really like this!

Great Cliff Martinez-like atmosphere but I would like to hear you expand on this, because the synths are amazing but the chords get a tad boring after a minute or so :)

thanks everyone.

rlvl: i have my pc audio going through my stereo, so i just use my stereo's cassette recorder.

well, continued where i left off last time. i think i overdid it though. way too distorted... to the point where it sounds a bit gimmicky imo, and i had sequenced it on the spot to tape (a mistake i will learn from), so unless i can salvage it in cooledit/audition or something, i guess that's it. r.i.p. :sad: i probably will try to fix it though

although somewhat discouraged, i tried again with another tune i recently completed. wasn't as harsh with this one, and it turned out pretty nice i think. no fxs that standout, but it has a nice sound.

lemme know what you think

The tape effect on the first one is great, and i really like the vocal stab you had going with it too.

When the strings come in on that second track... aaah it just gets lovely.

I really want to make ambient like this haha! I know i've said it before but you really hit the spot. How much of this is synthesizers i'm curious?

Got any releases?

thanks man! about synthesizers...not very much actually. which i guess isn't very impressive. some of my sounds come from softsynths, but mostly heavily filtered samples. everything from obscure film and videogame soundtracks to my own fieldrecordings. its to the point where i just open random mp3s and see how i can extract a bit from it and make it blend into the sound i'm working on.

as for releases: just stuff i put out on mp3,... newest minialbum over here: http://freedomirc.net/~stefan/sam/nogood.htm

liking the beginning lots, warm ambient !!! why does it stop??? d/ling tape2 now... fucking great too, then not as good as the beginning. don't like the guitars. i do like the sound tho.

Guest tht! tne

i wasn't really interested by this

it's not a bad idea i just didn't like the whole vibe of it much

i generally don't like music without percussion anyway

Archived