IGNORED

Boxcutter ripped off Ae?

blos

Anyone who knows / has access to Boxcutter's work (dubstep / grime / electro) - have a listen to "Brood" and see if you agree that most of the track was lifted from Gantz Graf.

Not sure what the point of mentioning it is, but I thought the theft was blatant and beyond the normal range of sampling.

Guest Enter a new display name

I have Oneiric since one month or so and I have never noticed anything sampled off Autechre.

Guest burnibus

i know which sound you mean the strecthing sort of crushed twangy thing but in all honesty it sounds nothing like gantz graf it sounds like really good dubstep.

"The Hour" CBC program intro/bump = direct copy of AE's Gantz Graf video. I hate that show.

The worst thing about this show is the host: he thinks he is so cool but he is just... awful!

It's more for me the Pro-canada-anti-US-and-lets-just-ignore-quebec attitude. It reminds me of that top100 Canadian album which has like 4 Quebec albums when the entire Quebec music industry makes for 40% of the entire canadian sales.

Guest Synthacat 9

I'm going to have to say boxcutter definitely ripped off ae here, because they invented the timestretch. It was originally called the Autechre but there were too many disputes on the correct pronunciation of the phrase so they just left it at "timestretch"

It's more for me the Pro-canada-anti-US-and-lets-just-ignore-quebec attitude. It reminds me of that top100 Canadian album which has like 4 Quebec albums when the entire Quebec music industry makes for 40% of the entire canadian sales.

What a shame, tabarnaque!!! :cry:

I just listened to the track again, and I am going to have to step back from my original call, and say that it's definitely NOT sampled, and frankly I don't know what I was thinking. But the feel of the rhythm track (tiny little glass ticks above explosive beats and time-stretched shrieks) is 100% Gantz Graf. To the extent that I (wrongly) thought it was a sample. It's not a bad track for all that.

The attached snippet of the intro shows what I am talking about:

Brood_snippet.mp3

I had it on very quietly at work and thought, hey, I must have mislabelled the file, this is Gantz Graf. But yeah, it was a bad call. Sorry Boxcutter, it's a decent track.

• 2 months later...

Archived