IGNORED

Harddisc Recorder

Squee

Hey, I was looking at the Edirol R-1 harddisk recorder that someone recommended in another thread, but I just found a Zoom Ps 04 for about $100

Zoom_PS04.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this little fella? Is it good? Blablabla? Hullamabulla?

I've found it at my local music store and it costs about $450 so this is quite a bargain - if it's worth it of course. I'm not all that good at reading all the technical details on music equipment but I can tell if I like what I hear.

The technical detals can be found here http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMPS04

Seems like a waste of money to me. Someone sell me the idea.

I wanna make my own recordings. I want my very own stash of samples. I want my very own ambient tracks so no one can identify the synths I've been using. I want I want I want I want...

its designed for guitarist looking to record parts on the fly when you're away from the studio.

that's all these things are. digital portastudios...nothin more.

/end of excitement.

its designed for guitarist looking to record parts on the fly when you're away from the studio.

/end of excitement.

exactly thats what i thought

/end of excitement.

Hm - so what you're saying is that it won't be any good for field recordings? Do I really have to buy the damn expensive one from Edirol?

/end of excitement.

Hm - so what you're saying is that it won't be any good for field recordings? Do I really have to buy the damn expensive one from Edirol?

if it's field recordings you want to make - all you need is a MD player (or a flash mp3 player/encoder to avoid mechanical noise) and small mic like a c1000s.

but the ps04 will do that as well certainly, don't get me wrong.

Archived