00:54 there it is. quite nice

01:29 louder cladong thing

01:45 a pad comes in, quite like this

02:03 unusual chord change, not sure about that

02:21 new chord and so on until

03:28 the clicks and cladong thing stop

03:49 nice chord

04:05 we are treated to a lovely bassline

04:23 another chord change that i'm not sure about, but the bassline follows it nicely

05:55 i'm settling into really enjoying this now. the bassline continues to be great, the clicks are good, and the chords continue to lurk

06:28 change of rhythm

07:14 like the little wiggles in the bass like the one that happens here

07:30 bass and clicks only, still fond of that bassline after getting to know it well for over 3 minutes

08:43 the end

So overall I quite liked it, though there was a couple of chord changes that felt strange to me. You can tell from the above that I liked the bassline, but I think you could shave a few minutes off the start of the track and introduce the bassline earlier. I sometimes enjoy sparse tracks if there are interesting elements to focus on, but the first 4 minutes of this track are a bit too empty for me - cut out the first 2 or 3 minutes and you've still got a sparse/minimal track!

Guest tht! tne

overall i like it but it is a bit sparse

liked the pad and the bassline a lot

i disagree with zazen about trimming it

it just wouldn't have the same effect

without that slow gradual build

Guest Caustic
I tried making some minimal stuff the other day.

Cage's lawyers sued my ass into the ground.

true story.

ricl8l.gif

23272317.jpg

TUSSEE!

Guest awkward

does it help to be stoned whilst listening i wonder? so far reminds me of raster norton stuff i've heard. certainly a slow burner. like when the bass kicks in. really added some interest which was missing to that point. this track is so quiet. i know its meant to be minimal but a little volume wouldn't hurt. overall i liked it, but it needs a little more interest adding to make it great. i imagine you got pretty hynpotised making this

Archived