• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Babar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave_entrainment

real thing.

iDoser is very silly though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine

[i'm a synesthete (said a specialized neurologist) (not like most of the crackheads who show off imaginary perceptions on this board) ( :fee: ) so i don't need a dreammachine /quote]

:angry:

isn'it AST ?

:angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, nice find! I never thought of that. I've definitely felt nauseous while listening to this end bit loud on headphones. Strange.

However, I don't believe the wave is 14Hz. It seems to have quite a complex cycle and may not even be a steady waveform... which leads me on to think that this could simply be something to do with the mastering of the album/encoding of the rip. If RDJ sent the track off with this bit at the end not zero-crossing (I doubt he would... but still), something would have to be done with it. Even if it was zero-crossing, such quickfire blasts of sound could do something when played loud. Therefore, to let the speakers "rest" back to normal state, a slow moving curve should be put in to let them do so. The same thing could happen in encoding, but I really don't know enough about ripping, etc. to say so.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
I listened to Mt St Michel Mix and my head asploded.

crumb_head_explode.jpg

av-3800.jpg

haha! I thought the same yesterday when I read Pod's post :laughing:

Archived