IGNORED

KORG R3 or microKORG?

J3FF3R00

I'm way into both. I've messed with the R3 more and think the vocoder is a bit nicer. It also has the USB/midi, has larger keys and seems easier to navigate. There is also a $100 rebate for the R3 with KORG at the moment, which brings it down to about $550 (from $650).

On the other hand...

The microKORG is cheaper ($399 new), more popular, uses batteries and is being re-released in a collectible black-for-white-key design that makes it look like a little harpsichord with a vocoder (for about $450). But it's tiny.

My other keyboard is a KORG Polysix, so I want a complimentary instrument that can compare, if possible.

If any of you have either, or have any thoughts, they are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:smiling:

well, i have a microkorg, but i basically just use it for midi and vocoder purposes. The sounds aren't great but I would never use the audio from it anyway so whatever. The synths in Reason make so many hardware synths obsolete imo.

sort of wish id never bought a microkorg. the small keys are irritating, limited polyphony and it just sounds a little too digital.

plus, korg have been repairing it since 2nd november. 5 broken keys is gonna cost me £150! more than half the price i paid for it.

id spent a bit more and get the R3, worth it in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Halfmanhalfrobot

get the r3.

its got a better everything.

i've owned both and the micro was fun but really runs out of notes quickly, the vocoders average.

the r3 is so much better...

Guest hellomynameis

microkorg is a pile of overused shit by all these 'nu-rave' shit bands who can suck cock.

id only want to ever use the vocoder

• 1 month later...

Archived