IGNORED

v/vm limited twin peaks 12" vinyl

Guest nannystatenoise

Guest nannystatenoise

V/VM - there was a fish... in... the percolator

VVMT25 - limited 12" vinyl album (175 copies)

http://brainwashed.com/vvm/news/various/20...25_gallery.html

Everything has been hand made. Covers cut by V/Vm hand and then hand silk-screenprinted by acclaimed artist Motorboy here in Berlin.

There are three different covers, red, brown and green with red ink on each. Every cover has been hand numbered along with individual writing on the labels. There's a printed A4 insert on high grade card signed and numbered. With the whole release coming packed in a high grade plastic sleeve.

Limited to just 175 copies for the whole world and released in the first week of April, 2008.

THIS IS A MUST FOR ALL v/vm and twin peaks fanboys!!!

audio preview

http://brainwashed.com/vvm/downloads/vario..._preview_01.mp3

http://brainwashed.com/vvm/downloads/vario..._preview_02.mp3

I was intrigued when I saw this a little while back. Then I heard the samples and was nearly sick in my ears, it's just slowed down random samples over Angelo Badalamenti tracks, if it was just the latter I'd get it but it's not so I won't. It's all a bit silly really.

Guest nannystatenoise
hhhm huge fan of the show but....

awww come on the sampling of the Bowie scene from Fire Walk With Me is ace , innit?

its V/VM anyway.

Guest awkward

in other news i got the original soundtrack recently but it doesn't have the rocking back inside my heart track on it. or the song james sings with donna and laura(in the brown wig). are they on the 2nd soundtrack released recently?

Guest nannystatenoise
in other news i got the original soundtrack recently but it doesn't have the rocking back inside my heart track on it. or the song james sings with donna and laura(in the brown wig). are they on the 2nd soundtrack released recently?

julee cruise's debut album (floating into the night) has rockin back inside..., falling and also mysteries of love from blue velvet

and questions in a world of blue from Fire walk with me

Guest serpico009
v/vm is like meh personified

caretaker is ace, I thought it would be more in that mode when I read the email....

Guest Broxburn
Ditto, which is why I were disappointed. The Caretaker is definitely the highlight on the label

I like reading criticisms it's good for the soul. That twin peaks record is a little bit of fun and a follow on from a 7" i did back in 2000 on English Muffin, it's purposefully not hacked but runs as whole pieces, like a video edit done aurally and like the 7" is more about the whole package than rather a 2 minute clip. Also it's interesting to still try to bypass copyright problems and finding places where they will press small quantities and to have a visual idea of a product and then see it out there. If that offends you or isn't what you expect then it's too bad really. I am sure there are others out there who will happily slap some acid over Laura Palmer and a nice recognisable/dysfunctional beat with multiple layers and then others will be happy.

Anyway sadly, the one that gets missed in all of this is the new Stranger release i did which has a very dark atmosphere throughout. If you like the caretaker there is no reason to dislike this audio, only to say it's noiser, darker and beat driven in places. It's not being promoted or sold in shops (maybe one or two).

The Stranger

Also there are a ton of downloads at the website via vukzid including audio from the Goodiepal, RA-X, Sgure, Denio Felipe and more so if you don't like V/Vm then check them out.

Vukzid Microsite

Also check out this V/Vm release if you like The Caretaker, it may suprise you, you may hate it i don't know and who can tell but i get the feeling that a lot of this work does not get downloaded due to past material and peoples opinions of what i do. Maybe i should release a Caretaker release under the name of V/Vm and then upset everyone myself included.

white death (download)

There's a new release coming on Installsound which i think the guys promoted on here before and the whole Caretaker sound will be advanced next year on a triple vinyl release i will work all summer and winter on, the installsound release harks back to the older sound (pre-boxset release) and is primarily very repetitive loops as it looks at the suffering of those who constantly repeat themselves and actually have no idea that they repeat themselves. The triple vinyl will be looking into how the brain works when recalling specific memories.

I actually got a mail the other week (and get them regularly) actually telling me how shit i am and how this person couldn't believe the caretaker recorded on V/Vm, i just sent this guy a mail back agreeing with all of his points. What else can you do ?

Guest Broxburn

Sure it's an information overload at the website, i think now there is 15GIG of audio there for download, even half of the people i work with don't know about most of the stuff on there so i can empathise.

The decision to press that twin peaks record of course, like all releases, was a selfish one. I am sure your own rework of the audio is equally as good, maybe better. I mean the only difference is i pressed mine. People maybe expect more these days from audio as the tools out there allow endless possibilities, so this is a very simple edit on this record, but mainly it's about setting a mood and pulling in audio from different sections which work together, dialogue too. If you notice and look around online there is no promotion of this release anywhere by myself (other than the website), others maybe post about it but not so many people. Also if someone gets annoyed and thinks they can do better then why not do it, i mean it's possible of course to edit anything and put it out there which has been a fundamental part of V/Vm Test since day one.

I know for sure these days i backed off from promoting releases and as a result made the label more niche, but that said don't forget all the output for now is still available to download and download people do. I think over 80,000 people now downloaded that Caretaker 6CD album and i get 1000+ people per day on average at the site. so the niche i have created does very well on only word of mouth as i never advertised. I am hopeful the Stranger disc will do o.k. on word of mouth alone and have been suprised so far at the interest for this.

Don't worry about buying things, i mean the audio you downloaded is there for you to download at no charge because i like the idea of giving away audio and did since 1997 and most importantly it doesn't exclude people who can't afford to buy the releases. I also don't see the point in charging only for a digital download so have turned down offers i have had.

As it is this year will see an end to most output as it has been and next year will see the arrival of a new approach by the label, of that i am sure. The boxset i am working on will draw a line under a lot of things and open up some new pathways.

I actually got a mail the other week (and get them regularly) actually telling me how shit i am and how this person couldn't believe the caretaker recorded on V/Vm

haha wow...how's that for informed fans?

and for the record, fuck the hatazzz. if it wasn't for v/vm i wouldn't be into alot of the noise/experimental stuff i'm into now. of course, if you want pretty ambient music and nothing but, v/vm test may not be the best place for you to spend most of your time...however there is a load of incredibly evocative music he's released that is not the caretaker, or even his own, at v/vm test, and deserves to be appreciated. some of my favorites include:

v/vm - sometimes good things happen (blue version) / (sepia version)

v/vm - the death of rave (huge free download!)

h>ost - cin (fucking amazing ambient record! )

the goodiepal - mort aux vaches extra (totally mental and totally free)

so there, i'm done. thought i'd do a little cheerleading for the great ship v/vm. those records are all pretty fucking intense, imo...and those of you who dig the noisier stuff but maybe not v/vm's brand of it would probably find some enjoyment in jansky noise or cock e.s.p. - those guys are classic as well!

titter, I bought it anyway just because you were so nice on here plus the packaging for the 12'' looks so nice. I'm such a sucker for nice packaging :laughing:

Guest serpico009

good on ya, v/vm. I like the direction you've gone with your sound and how you choose to release stuff. I hope it gets more satisfying and less frustrating, you sometimes seem sort of non-plussed by the whole endeavor. The stuff on Forgotten Dreams is gorgeous.

• 2 weeks later...
and like you say, it's more than just 2 minute samples...

I've just received this today and this is so right. I thought the samples sounded kinda tacky but the full length version of each side create such an awesome atmosphere. It's like some weird hybrid between the atmosphere between Jam and some really dark nightmare, stunning stuff !

Archived