IGNORED

"He Falls"

YEK

"he falls"

a little track i've been werking on. .downtempo i guess

a haunting little diddy named "he falls".. it's pretty much done i guess but i'm totally open to suggestions

i've already started werking on a remix of it which will be longer probably and have my friend's singing slash talking poetry over it

hope you guys enjoy it and if you want me to review one of your tracks after you review mine just point me in that direction

peaz

ps.

it was very quite for some reason so i took the mastering into my own hands and did a 24 db hard "limit"

i don't know guys, what i am doing, but it made it a bit louder ( squished the wav form down and then i could normalize it again...........i'm so pro i know)

Guest Analogue Wings

Very nice. With the huge, cold reverb and the almost guitar-sounding lead line it reminds me a lot of the Cure circa Faith.

Cool.

sounds more like a piano than a guitar...

very cold sounding, the first part is way too repetative. Once the piano melody has established, you can bring it back on the level a little bit because we know it's there and what it sounds like, so anything beyond keeping it for the mood is too much. you can bring it back up when it changes. I definately like it more when there's more layers. could use some work on the drum timbres... I liked the progressive structure you've got going, you can do progressive while changing things up a bit.

btw, it sounds to me like a lot of work was done on the everything except for the drums tones, which seriously may be what drags on this track (for me)

yeah i was really trying to find the right sound for those drums, perhaps i didn't get it just right then

i'll take your advice on the piano bit sounding too loud , and the rest that you said as well, thanks for listening

i'll do my best to change it up a bit

personally, i really don't hear anything worth keeping in this track. nothing about it speaks to me.

i like the filtered melody in the background toward the end.

sorry man, not trying to be a cunt. just honesty.

tracks like this are learning experiences, just another hoop to jump through to learn something about the process, the method; not a showable track.

please forgive my rambling... people are too quick to share their doodles. i've been making electronic music for closing in on 9 years now. i've created thousands of songs, some deleted right away, some kept on one of the hundreds of floppy discs i have for certain sequencers, and a very select few of them refined over the course of a few years, redone, and remastered. i think i can safely say i have only made about 10-15 tracks public in my life, either on the net, or on compilations/releases. what i'm trying to say is that sometimes it's better to keep works like this to yourself, and just make the music you want to make free of inhibitions, without any outside input from people or messageboards like this. i'm not saying there is only one way to write music, and it's the way that i did it, but i am saying that people don't excercise enough discipline with their art sometimes.

Guest Max Marlow

i agree on some of the words, especially in some cases where ppl try to show off final stuff.

but on the other hand i'd say this is EKT and theres a lot of ppl out living and improving by intentions of others.

i really agree on a big part on you, but even if i like to have good stuff... and bad stuff gives some bad feeling for free music maybe... you should not forget... that this is one of only few communities with loads of feedback (not enough sometimes, but more then elsewhere) ... and within a special kind of music (actually still easier for computer users)

i understand that some people need a harsh word from time to time to fit to what they used to be... but also you should check yourself... good comments are rare on you.

if you dont like to be named a guy thats only giving shite comments for making the own product looking better... you should care on some good words from time to time.

glad, that you edited the stuff. really!

i'm honest, not negative. my comments are not meant to impact people negatively, max. it's meant to be a very positive support for their growth.

i'm not trying to make my stuff look better in comparasin. comparing art is one of the silliest things people can do.

Guest Max Marlow
i'm honest, not negative. my comments are not meant to impact people negatively, max.

i know. ppl deserve your honesty!

if you want them to prove theyr artistical pride... there's also a chance that you must prove your words.

thats it all about. we are on the same side :-)

i always thought of ekt has a community in which people could share what they were werking on with others

i don't think it's necessary for these tracks to be quality enough to be made a release

just a place to share

and that's cool plants that you have such high quality control for your own stuff..

just wanted to share guys, as i've been on a hiatus for awhile. thanks for listening again

Guest Max Marlow

yes.

working on to share and discuss. maybe improve. right.

but also posting indeed needs honest answers. its giving and taking.

in fact it needs more of those honest comments...

its only one, with specific taste. plants and me were chatting around bout this off this forum

and i can tell you... he really means it for good only!

Guest Josefmcb

i wouldn't say it's a great track but there's something about this that i like- some of the interacting melodies are quite nice, and after a while that high-end-ness seems to work (it's just a shame that it doesn't creep in more subtely somehow)....

but in my opinion there's not really enough going on in this track, and that shows up some of the dodgy bits, like that cheap-keyboard-sounding piano thing which i don't think has a strong enough melody for it to sit all alone at the front of the mix at the start like that.

on the subject of quality control, i personally post probably only ~1% of the stuff i work on, but if i agree that what the forum's for is for if someone wants to share something to see what peeps thinks of it then they can do jus' that.

but then i guess i'd be more likely to check out someone's posts if every time they post it's gold.

Guest yan_g of course!

the "piano" and drum loops are too repetitive for me. like the harmony and the sound. the piano gets really annoying after a while. other than that it's quite good.

i like this quite a bit, the strings or whatever they are, remind me of assault on presinct 13.... that acoustic guitar synth is nice as well... i can see why the bass drum sounds so, unbassy... cos there's maybe too much reverb... that water sound in the front/background sounds really good too, i can't tell if it's looping or not... is that as long as the song? is that why it's such a short song?

the rain is just a short sample, yeah the song is pretty short, i was just trying to capture a certain feeling with it , thanks for listening : )

• 4 weeks later...

i think u should tweak a little moer da reason poatches, at least i recognize them and don´t liek to...

i think whatz missing in thiz track itz a BOOM, somewhere in da middle of da track it could just blow up i dunno, da beatz seem 2 far away in the entire track....

6/10

i liek some of da dramatiks of da melodies

i think you just need to tweek the piano and drums a bit, kinda solidify the song. cause i can see the feeling you try to get, but it feels a bit raw or something... very nice regardless.. that ghostly business you got in the background is fucking awesome though.

Archived