IGNORED

SAW 85-92 Remastered

Guest Kenneth172

Guest Kenneth172

I'm sure it can't just be my ears, I got the remastered CD of SAW 85-92 at the weekend and its tin-foil tinnyness is going to give me tinitus. I've listened to it back to back with the original version which sounds warmer and more organic. Whoever re-mastered this album seems to have upped the high frequencies to the detriment of the original recording. You can hear more of the nuances of the original recording but they just seem magnified to a high degree of tinnyness. I've got a Separo E300i valve amplifier and I won't play this album on it any longer for fear of damaging my equipment, I have to turn the treble right down to bring back the warmth. The opening track, 'Xtal' is tinny as hell, I just can't listen to it. The original CD is better, but shame on R&S for, in my opinion, ruining the original recording.

Guest yetihunter

...and i nearly bought this at the weekend too - is the remastered classics the same?

Archived