IGNORED

mcbpete's indie game of the month

mcbpete

Here's a strategy/colonization type doo dah that I so far really suck at but have loved playing. It reminds me of a weird hybrid of flow/liquid war with the atmosphere of Homeworld. But anyway it's ace and has lovely music by Milieu. Ch-ch-check it.

2008-06-02-screenshot.jpg

Download here: http://www.deadrock-game.com/files/Dyson.rar (if you need the .NET 2.0 framework get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en _ )

Yay finally beated it. Basically you start on one planet with 20 seeds, you can plant a tree on the planet (at the cost of 10 seeds) which'll slowly produce more seeds for you. Then you can jump to the next planet and continue doing so until you take over the whole universe, but 5 other people are doing the same thing [with hilarious consequences (erm maybe)]. It took me a couple of goes to work out what I was doing and about another 3 to work out some sort of strategy.

Guest Iain C

I've got a hangover that defies the laws of physics so maybe this game will get me through it; this and the last of the limoncello.

• 7 months later...

Haha I just found this post now...thanks for checking our game out Mcbpete! We're actually top 5 finalists at the Independent Gaming Festival so wish us luck! I'll be in San Francisco "manning the booth" in March and there we'll be showing off the newest build and crossing our fingers that we win that $20,000. Also in the aforementioned new build there's a load of new music I've made so check it out!

http://www.dyson-game.com/

Good luck man. I've just downloaded the new build but I'll be honest and say that I much preferred the simplicity (and the subtle downbeat nature of the music) of version 1.0.0.0. The new version certainly looks a lot better, and no doubt people will much prefer the depth of it, but I prefer things simple :happy:

But again, best of luck. I hope it all goes well.

EDIT: Actually, I'm gonna give 1.1 another go. Maybe I was being a little hasty.

Hah word, it's different for everyone, to be sure. The music in the earlier version was actually a track from one of my previously released records, and so the music I've written specifically for the game has turned out a little different. There's still lots more things to be done, believe it or not, but either way, you well-wishing and playing the game is totally appreciated!

It's insane to think we've made it into the final 5 games at the IGF, out of over 220 games submitted and 40-something judges deliberating. Hopefully this will be the foot in the door for me to get more sound and music work in the industry, which is what I'd love to be able to do.

Archived