Mellow U

porous-big.jpg

BRIAN GRAINGER

POROUS VARIATIONS

MILIEU MUSIC

MML033

3xCD-R / 2008

LIMITED EDITION OF 100 COPIES

I know what a lot of you are thinking - THREE DISCS? You read correctly. This epic album contains FOUR HOURS of brand new music stretched across three discs in a unique jewel case with pattern-card inserts. No two copies look the same either. Since there's a lot more work and materials involved in making a triple-album, I am doing these in batches of 25. So any of you who get in on the "first edition", your copies will feature black and white artwork, keeping them distinct from later editions (see picture below). Musically this record amounts to some of the thickest most rock-solid drone work I think I've ever done. Completely live and improvised on only guitar, organ and pedalbass, with some tracks clocking in at 46 and 76 minutes, surprisingly. I'm sure an album this big will keep you busy for a long time, as I know I certainly don't have four hours any day of the week to devote to music listening alone, but that's sort of the charm of this album I think. Not only is it something that you can go back to quite a bit, but it's also meant to be played at VERY high volumes, if at all possible. A lot of the low end and wobbly microtonal stuff happens very deep in the mix, so at a high decibel level it's sure to be more entertaining. It was REALLY loud when I was recording it!

FOR MP3 CLIPS PHOTOS AND ORDERING INFO:

CLICK

l_5e1faa5896ffa65834691ede253a508f.jpg

listening to samples now. sounds good.

when is sun-day gonna be finished?? :ok:

thanks man!

the music will be finished by the end of this year, and we're currently doing most of the packaging now. good things come to those who wait.

• 2 weeks later...

wohoo, it arrived. The jewel case is a little smashed up but I'm sure I'll be able to find a replacement case somewhere round town. Looking forward to hearing it all !

wohoo, it arrived. The jewel case is a little smashed up but I'm sure I'll be able to find a replacement case somewhere round town. Looking forward to hearing it all !

dammit! if you can't locate a replacement i can certainly send one for you. i've never had problems with my cardstock mailers, but sometimes i'm sure the long ride to the UK gets a bit rocky...

Archived