IGNORED

TB 303 with Midi Mod issues

Guest VAP

Hi everyone. I picked up a used roland tb 303 with the midi mod off of ebay. Its worked great with midi up until recently where my patterns are all screwed up and play the wrong notes. Using the the internal sequencer also randomly messes up my patterns. Anyone know of how to fix this or of any online place to send it? I live in Texas so there aren't any local places that service vintage gear. This has made me very sad :unhappy:

Hi everyone. I picked up a used roland tb 303 with the midi mod off of ebay. Its worked great with midi up until recently where my patterns are all screwed up and play the wrong notes. Using the the internal sequencer also randomly messes up my patterns. Anyone know of how to fix this or of any online place to send it? I live in Texas so there aren't any local places that service vintage gear. This has made me very sad :unhappy:

Have you opened her up already to check if there are any loose wires/connections?

kanarie ~ yeah I opened it up last night and took a look and readjusted everything and made sure all of the wires were snug. My juno 106, 707, 727, dr660, and sh 101 all function perfectly synchronized so I know that they are not the problem. I went out and picked up some new cables, but that didn't solve the issue. Its just that for some reason the 303's internal sequencer plays the patterns all of out whack now. I've separated the 303 by itself not connecting it with my other gear, and I would program a new pattern and after a few loops, the notes randomly change by themselves. It functioned perfectly for over a year. Its just weird that now its begun to mess up. Any other tips?

Paging Chris Moss Acid!!! :smile:

kanarie ~ yeah I opened it up last night and took a look and readjusted everything and made sure all of the wires were snug. My juno 106, 707, 727, dr660, and sh 101 all function perfectly synchronized so I know that they are not the problem. I went out and picked up some new cables, but that didn't solve the issue. Its just that for some reason the 303's internal sequencer plays the patterns all of out whack now. I've separated the 303 by itself not connecting it with my other gear, and I would program a new pattern and after a few loops, the notes randomly change by themselves. It functioned perfectly for over a year. Its just weird that now its begun to mess up. Any other tips?

Paging Chris Moss Acid!!! :smile:

might be something with the memory chips or their voltage supply? Do you have full batteries in there?

Here's some info:

http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturer...303/schematics/

Kanarie ~ I just tried it using just batteries and it still produces the same results :confused:

Thanks for the quick replies Kanarie! Anything else I should try?

Kanarie ~ I just tried it using just batteries and it still produces the same results :confused:

Thanks for the quick replies Kanarie! Anything else I should try?

i've read somewhere there's a capacitor somewhere which should provide the memory with power while the batteries are being changed, i'd check out if that one is leaky/shorted. I wouldn't know where exactly it's located, but it shouldn't be too hard to find out, googling a little here and there.

• 2 months later...
Guest analogue wings

I think Kanarie is probably on the right track, but there's a mailing list called Analogue Heaven, where a lot of people who service 303s for a living (and many of the people who created the well-known 303 mods) hang out.

I'd say if they can't help you, no-one can.

Worst comes to worst, they'll help you find a service tech near you.

Archived