IGNORED

Garlic.

essines

Given that there are many food afficiandos on watmm i thought i'd drum up some respect for garlic. shit is unreal. if you don't like garlic you fail at life. i put it in everything and i love it. went through like 5 bunches of garlic in like 3 weeks

i'll eat garlic ice cream or garlic vagina i don't care, garlic cannot be beat.

it is essential.

garlic.jpg

god damn.

edit - i sit down when i pee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen!

I put garlic in everything I cook. Also, I like to throw the diced garlic in the hot oil first, before the onions (or ginger, as the circumstances require). A lot of people will tell you that this is wrong, as the garlic will burn, but fuck that! You let the garlic sizzle until it's brown & then throw the rest of the shite in there - the flavour that you get by doing this is amazing. Makes your house smell awesome too =D

Guest Al Hounos

hell yeah. when a recipe calls for garlic, dubble it. when a recipe doesn't call for garlic, add some, and then dubble it.

yes

Amen!

I put garlic in everything I cook. Also, I like to throw the diced garlic in the hot oil first, before the onions (or ginger, as the circumstances require). A lot of people will tell you that this is wrong, as the garlic will burn, but fuck that! You let the garlic sizzle until it's brown & then throw the rest of the shite in there - the flavour that you get by doing this is amazing. Makes your house smell awesome too =D

hmm no

Guest Armour Park
Given that there are many food afficiandos on watmm

don't need to be an aficionado to like garlic, that shit is basic brah

you basically said the same thing y0

That isn't what I meant.  Garlic can be great without being central to the latest culinary trend.

yeah man I meant basic in a good way :stuart:

That's what I was apologizing for . . . 

Did anyone catch the episode of Food Detectives on food network where they tested the statement that people stink of what they eat. Two exp. groups: one-a shitload of garlic for a week, tow-shitloads of curry. They then got control and exp. groups sweating and brought in a professional sniffer who works for a fragrance company. Out of a bunch a trials, he successfully nailed the garlic and curry folks after smelling the crook of their arms.

You know, I don't give a fuck--I eat garlic and curry and it winds up in my sweat, you SMELL me?

People just need to know that's how I roll.

I can top that.  My mother found out that garlic can help curb athlete's foot, so she made my father a garlic poultice to put on the bottom of his foot.  Three hours later, you could smell garlic in his breath.

Ack, that's fucking cool! For two levels, garlic aromatics making it to his breath and the fact that your mom actually made a poultice in the 21st century. Respek

Well, it probably wasn't a regulation poultice.  If I remember correctly, it was mostly gauze and LOTS of bandage tape.  

Archived