IGNORED

FAO Ludd

Chris Moss Acid

519_luton.JPG
VS
AFC-Bournemouth-164.jpg

We all know your a Luton fan and we all know im a AFCB fan. and tonight at dean court is the night where 1 games will mean so much for both the teams future, we call this "a six pointer".

as it stands (and if luton dont get anymore points taken away from them because of naughty fans against bradford) we are 9 points clear for luton town and after tonight (if grimsby loose and we win) we can be 2 wins and a draw away from getting away from the drop zone. but after saturdays return of supa steve fletcher and a awesome display of a new era crushing top of the leuage wycome to a 3-1 win and luton drawing against a fairly strong rotherham side dispite a injury time penalty for rotherham. the odds are stacked for a bournemouth win.

here how the leauge looks as of now.

22 Grimsby 20
23 Bournemouth 10
24 Luton 1

so im not wishing luton luck, im just saying. there is a game on tonight between my club and yours. listen to it on radio solent. as i will be there and wont need to listen to it.

that is.. if you care much about luton town fc.

i dont know any bournemouth related songs so in the meantime, heres a anti watford chant (sung to tune of the addams family)

Your sister is your mother,

Your father is your brother,

And Elton Johns your lover,

The Watford family…

its on the radio mate. they dont do games on-line which is shitty

but here is the frequencies to turn your dial towards

Full-match commentary on BBC Radio Solent on 103.8fm 1359am & Dorset DAB.

-

as for afcb songs:

you can hear them all here: http://www.fanchants.com/football-team/afc_bournemouth/

Guest abusivegeorge

Been to pretty much all Luton home games this season, it's been atrocious to say the least, but were still in it boys.

Guest abusivegeorge

At least my conscious decision not to get a season ticket this year paid off. Despite sounding like a fuckarse, I love Luton and support them fully, they just really get on my tits most of the time, the players simply just dont give a shit anymore, bar Nicholls and Keane.

P.S. FUCK Henderson.

afcb were flogging cheap season tickets for next season but not knowing wether or not we'll be playing conference football and lack of money i couldnt get one. although i, liek you, am a die hard bournemouth fan since 1992 and if we do go down it may be the end of afcb but still i will support them evermore.

as for our playing giving a shit, under quinn and a suppose kevin bond there were certain players who didnt give it their all. but now under eddie howe every one has the upmost respect for him so all the players give it that extra. plus super fletch now back up front it looks reallly good.

here is (the bournemouth) team news for tonight:

The Cherries are back rolling! After 4 successive league defeats, confidence was low, however, Eddie Howe's first home game as boss and Steve Fletcher's return were part of the catalyst that caused The Cherries to inflict League leaders Wycombe, only their 3rd league defeat of the season. However, a game just as big, if not bigger is held tonight, as fellow point-deductees, Luton come to town.

Having only just hit 0 points following their 30 point deduction, The Hatters are now chasing the pack, making this a huge 6-pointer for both sides. The side are regularly drawing at the moment, and were involved in a frantic and controversial game on Saturday, where it eventually finished 3-3 with Bradford. A win for Luton takes them 6 points behind AFCB, but a Cherries victory puts them 7 points off Grimsby.

Vital Quotes:

Cherries boss, Eddie Howe, is very wary of the threat Luton will pose tonight, as he told the Official AFCB Website:

'Luton are going to be dangerous because they need to win the game. I am sure they will come here to attack, which should make it interesting. They have got a lot of strikers in their squad and will probably get men forward.'

Luton boss, Mick Harford, spoke to the BBC about his sside's current form:

'We've lost one game in 11 [but] we are still scrambling around a lot of points adrift. The other results haven't gone our way in terms of other teams winning. We can't affect that. However, we've had too many draws. We have lost fewer games than some of the teams in the play-offs. The draws have killed us.'

AFC Bournemouth Team News:

Cummings, Bradbury, and Guyett are definitely out. Fletcher, Igoe, Wiggins and Moseley are all doubts. So changes could be forced upon Eddie. Danny Hollands does return though after his suspension.

Player to watch: Brett Pitman

A superb MotM display by Brett on Saturday, brought rapturous praise from Cherries supporters. An assist and fantastic free-kick, showed he isn't all bad, and with Fletch now next to him, he could certainly flourish.

Luton Town Team News:

Chris Martin begins his suspension, whilst Luton are also without Keith Keane who is injured. as a Hall is expected to replace him and not Sam Parkin. Kevin Nicholls is also pushing for a spot, as is new loan-signing, Mark Bower.

Player to watch: Asa Hall

Expected to start tonight, the midfielder (or defender) has been a fairly regular player for The Hatters this year, and has exploited the opportunities to get forward. In 20 League & Cup games (plus 6 sub appearances) he's netted 5 times.

Match Facts & Stats

Current Form:

AFCB - W L L L L W

Luton - D D W D L D

AFCB's Home Form:

Played 13, Won 5, Drawn 4, Lost 4, Goals For 13, Goals Against 10, Points 19

Luton's Away Form:

Played 13, Won 3, Drawn 5, Lost 5, Goals For 13, Goals Against 21, Points 14

Match Odds from oddschecker.com:

AFCB - 13/10

Draw - 13/5

Luton - 9/4

Ref Watch:

Premership referee and 'Cherries-favourite' Steve Bennett takes control tonight.

Referee: Mr S Bennett

Assistant Referees: Mr D C Richards & Mr A Williams

Fourth Official: Mr P Crossley

Match Prediction:

A huge game, can the Fletch (if fit) factor and Eddie's magic do it for the second home game in a row? I do have faith this week, confidence must be high after beating the League leaders, 2-0 AFCB.

it is my belief, that LTFC were really punished because Mike Newell went public about how rife coruption was throughout the leagues.

similar to how Rio got that 8 MONTH ban for dealing coke and arranging prostitute roastings - but being so high profile (best full back in england / potential england captain) the FA made out it was because he missed a drug test (which he then passed)

Guest abusivegeorge

i say good luck to both, and I'm in the mindset now that if Luton don't do a half decent job tonight then they dont deserve to win, may the best man win.

Oh and DEFINETLY watch out for Hall. That man has more sides than a glass pyramid.

Guest abusivegeorge
it is my belief, that LTFC were really punished because Mike Newell went public about how rife coruption was throughout the leagues.

similar to how Rio got that 8 MONTH ban for dealing coke and arranging prostitute roastings - but being so high profile (best full back in england / potential england captain) the FA made out it was because he missed a drug test (which he then passed)

Basically yea, hence why an entire town wants one man dead.

Guest abusivegeorge
That man has more sides than a glass pyramid.

5?

How many sides does each glass panel that makes up the prymaid have though?

My son and I watched a FA cup match between Torquay U and Coventry... Torquay came out victorious with a last-ditch goal attempt. Brilliant header shot. Their defense was shit though, Coventry shouldn't have had as many runs on the keeper as they did.

I always thought Luton were cool for consistently avoiding relegation from the old first division for so long against all odds (when they were last up there before footie was raped and pillaged by Sky); I've still got an old Umbro Luton home top at my folks' house. Plus I can remember Bournemouth knocking Man U out of the FA Cup a good old while back (might have been early 80s). So I'd hate to see either of these clubs drop out of the league. Not exactly looking promising for the Hatters though, sadly.

Also JR, do you mean the game from this weekend? It was Coventry who scored at the death if so.

Guest abusivegeorge
I always thought Luton were cool for consistently avoiding relegation from the old first division for so long against all odds (when they were last up there before footie was raped and pillaged by Sky); I've still got an old Umbro Luton home top at my folks' house. Plus I can remember Bournemouth knocking Man U out of the FA Cup a good old while back (might have been early 80s). So I'd hate to see either of these clubs drop out of the league. Not exactly looking promising for the Hatters though, sadly.

Luton are definetly a cool team and we've always been well respected but we are slowly starting to lose the support, over the last season home stand support has been getting increasingly smaller, and the fight just doesn't seem to be in anyone anymore, as you say it's not looking promising, but all we can is hope. I remember 3 years ago when I sat down in my seat and for some reason I was considerably more squashed than usual, 3 years ago was good.

Guest abusivegeorge

I cannot believe I just made that post and didn't mention the 1-1 draw.

Well I guess that leaves us both in the same place again then lol.

I cannot believe I just made that post and didn't mention the 1-1 draw.

Well I guess that leaves us both in the same place again then lol.

It was a game that neither side could afford to lose and in the end neither side did. Football league misfits Bournemouth and Luton fought out a 1-1 draw at Dean Court in a shroud of rain - a result that was arguably better for the home side in maintaining the differential but a better result for the teams languishing just above.

Bournemouth made one change from Saturday - Hollands replacing the injured Moseley and patched up Fletch and Igoe to face a Luton side who fought tooth and nail for every scrap. Space was at a premium all game and although both sides had chances to win, a draw was a fair result as a brilliant goal line clearance from Connell avoided late disaster.

After a tense start Bournemouth once again contributed to the away side taking an early lead. In the 8th minute a deep Luton corner fell to Fletcher whose poor clearance fell to Nicholls in the middle of the pitch. The Hatters captain lofted the ball into the area for Parkin to head across the six yard box. There appeared no danger without a Luton player in sight but Button stood on his line and Hollands, Pearce and Cooper closed in on the loose ball that somehow flicked off one of them and landed in the net.

Luton were much more passionate than Wycombe had been on Saturday, using a lot of foul play and a lot of closing down to keep Bournemouth out of their rhythm. Wiggins was penned in by the dangerous Wasu and the midfield were too bogged down to release Thompson and the game was a ragged collection of long balls by both sides. The lack of a ball playing midfielder in either side was very evident.

As with Saturday Bournemouth fought their way back into the match and on 28 minutes equalised. Pitman was once again the architect, turning brilliantly on the right and advancing before putting in a perfect cross. Fletch fluffed a great chance to score but the ball broke out to HOLLANDs who rifled an 18 yarder into the top right hand corner to restore parity.

Spurred on by the crowd Bournemouth then returned to a period of football reminiscent of Saturday. Wiggins pushed on and Thomson saw more of the ball but the crossing lacked the accuracy and Fletcher and Pitman were far better marshalled by the Luton defence. There were no more chances before half time.

HT Cherries 1 Luton 1

The second half started with Pitman in fine form running down the left. He won a stream of corners that he banged in beautifully himself, the best chance of which fell to Igoe who was relieved that ref Bennett had blown for an infringement after he had fluffed a simple header.

On 55 mins Igoe finished a great run by releasing Thomson, he pulled back for Fletcher but the ageing target man leant back and blazed over. This was Thomsons last action as he was withdrawn for Mcquoid. Pitman took another ferocious set piece that Pearce was inches away from connecting with as the home side started to dominate. At the other end Wasi found Gallen but the ex QPR hitman snatched wide.

With 20 mins to go Eddie withdrew a tired Fletch and Igoe and threw on Connell and Goulding up front, Pitman withdrawing to the wing. It was a bold move but if anything it upset our rhythm. Connell didn't stay onside once and Goulding showed he could trap a ball further than Fletch can kick one!

With the rhythm gone Luton regained the ascendancy for the final fifteen minutes. They had two great chances to win the game - first Wasi set up Parkin who fired over from ten yards and then in the second halfs defining moment Gallens brilliant measured low shot from a corner was met with an equally stunning goal line clearance from Connell. The one time he touched the ball whilst onside! But what a crucial touch it was.

At the other end Goulding controlled poorly following a perfect Holland through ball and the game petered out amongst a flood of Luton possession.

FT Cherries 1 Luton 1

Archived