IGNORED

Suggestion

Guest joshier

Guest joshier

Hey there.

How about Joyrex set up a bittorrent tracker on the server with the 40gb strorage + 1TB transfer bandwidth?

The great thing would be that not a lot of it would be used (hardly any) and if people chip in atleast 18kbps upload, we'll be sharing files very efficiently.

Here's some i've found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_tracker

(scroll to "BitTorrent Tracking Software")

Cheers.

Guest joshier
I suggested Joyrex setting up a bittorrent tracker for live shows a couple of weeks (months? I can't remember) ago, but his host didn't allow bittorrent stuff apparently.

bittorrent isn't actually illegal at all..

if his hardware/software didn't allow, i could always host a tracker myself with my machine

Well, scratch that idea:

"The customer agrees to make use of DreamHost Webhosting servers primarily for the purpose of hosting a website, and associated email functions. Servers are shared with other customers, and as such IRC-related activities, BitTorrent software, or severely CPU intensive CGI scripts (e.g. chat scripts, scripts which have bugs causing them to not close properly after being run) are not encouraged. IRC bots and bouncers (BNC) as well as BitTorrent software specifically may not be run on any DreamHost Webhosting server, and if your processes are adversely affecting server performance disproportionately DreamHost Webhosting reserves the right to negotiate additional charges with the Customer and/or the discontinuation of the offending processes."

This is a quote from Joyrex from my old suggestion thread, so...

Archived