IGNORED

MSNBC vs FOXNEWS

awepittance

image036.jpg

now that Obama is president and MSNBC seems to be getting more liberal/pro democrat as time goes on, it got me thinking, will MSNBC start resembling the way Foxnews was during the Bush years? It's kind of surreal.

you have to watch an unhealthy amount of news to understand what im referring to.

american media is a putrid bucket of garish swill which people seem to guzzle happily because its mixed with glitter and delivered to your door daily.

quote me on that.

image036.jpg

now that Obama is president and MSNBC seems to be getting more liberal/pro democrat as time goes on, it got me thinking, will MSNBC start resembling the way Foxnews was during the Bush years? It's kind of surreal.

you have to watch an unhealthy amount of news to understand what im referring to.

to put it another way ... will msnbc become the apologist mouthpeice for the obama administration ... in an attempt to sidetrack or defuse .. any leftist misgivings about anything obama may do ...

i've seen this already on olbermann ... inviting that news editor guy in to set things 'into perspective' .. but still it's too early to make any judgement calls on the obama teams true motives and policy objectives ... as for msnbc .. it'll chase the sellable demo's ratings and produce content accordingly .. it found a nice niche on the centrist left (from the perspective of the bush years at least heh) and ran with it ... that doesn't mean they won't still be called into line next time there's a call to arms about something important to the M.I.C. .. they are owned by GE after all ..

american media is a putrid bucket of garish swill which people seem to guzzle happily because its mixed with glitter and delivered to your door daily.

quote me on that.

you read or watch the british media much do you .. ?? heh ..

over here the putrid swill is of course delivered daily but it lacks sparkle and often has nourishing chunks of reformed chicken in it.

Guest Soothsayer

quote me on that.

I'm quite curious if you've seen Keith Olberman's show? Most American media's trash, true, but I think he'd endear himself to you...

with that said, I also like Rachel Maddow, and to be honest, don't think that Fox News would have a Democrat's equivalent of Joe Scarborough(you can't tell me Alan Colmes, that's not equal), so I don't think it's gonna be quite as even a bias-scale.

With that said, fuck Mika(edit: I spelled her name Mike, hahahahahaha) Brzenski or however the fuck she spells her name. I hate that stupid bitch with a passion...

Guest Soothsayer

Have you actually seen any episodes of Countdown? Or any of his commentary? Valid direct question, would appreciate a valid, direct answer...

i hate them both. intentionally biased media coverage could lead to the end of journalism and democracy.

Who cares for democracy anyway? I'll take a republic over a democracy any day. Tired of this mob rule government.

"The "majority rule" is often described as a characteristic feature of democracy, but without responsible government it is possible for the rights of a minority to be abused by the "tyranny of the majority"."

Guest Soothsayer
countdown!? now thats more like it

Butterfly_Vorderman.jpg

three vowels and two consonants please carol

So you make closed-minded, xenophobic statements that you want to be taken seriously, then when someone tries to engage you without even trying to insult you, you become a flippant asshole?

Fuck you

I also tried to add an addendum to my previous post and for some reason the edit wasn't working, so I'll c&p here:

The Paxman comparison isn't valid, either. Paxman interviews people in tense situations, and he's very good at that. Olbermann does none of this. Granted, Paxman has a more respectable job, but again, comparison's not valid(i.e. I'd place bets Olbermann would perform his commentary better than Paxman).

countdown!? now thats more like it

Butterfly_Vorderman.jpg

three vowels and two consonants please carol

So you make closed-minded, xenophobic statements that you want to be taken seriously, then when someone tries to engage you without even trying to insult you, you become a flippant asshole?

Fuck you

I also tried to add an addendum to my previous post and for some reason the edit wasn't working, so I'll c&p here:

The Paxman comparison isn't valid, either. Paxman interviews people in tense situations, and he's very good at that. Olbermann does none of this. Granted, Paxman has a more respectable job, but again, comparison's not valid(i.e. I'd place bets Olbermann would perform his commentary better than Paxman).

i have no idea what your version of countdown is like but obviously you take it a lot more seriously than me (and believe me, i would skip lectures just so i could sit in my underwear ogling at erudite milfish wonder that is carol vorderman).

i know nothing of these news celebrities you speak of, as i obviously dont watch american television. im in this thread merely to make an irrefutable statement about swillish nature of your media. glad youre acquainted with paxman though (although im sure you just wiki'd/youtube'd him just i would have done for any of the names you dropped).

just dont take things personally and get your knickers in a twist, k?

safe.

i care not for this 'keith olberman' you speak of. is he paxman? john snow? i think not.

paxman is by and large a bbc twat (on the issues that count to the foreign office)... that station seems to carry a lot of those around in it's current affairs dept ... smarmy little guns for hire ..

-wiki-

During the 2005 UK General Election some viewers complained to the BBC that Paxman's robust questioning of party leaders had been rude and aggressive. [13] There was also criticism of his five-in-the-morning results interview with George Galloway. Referring to Oona King, whom Galloway had just defeated, Paxman asked more than once whether he was proud of having got rid of "one of the very few black women in Parliament." [14] An exasperated Galloway cut the interview short, and among subsequent critics was the defeated MP herself. Paxman later made a taped guest appearance on the Celebrity Big Brother reality TV show challenging Galloway to a follow-up session "with or without your leotard".

just a small taste ... of what i mean ..

i care not for this 'keith olberman' you speak of. is he paxman? john snow? i think not.

paxman is by and large a bbc twat (on the issues that count to the foreign office)... that station seems to carry a lot of those around in it's current affairs dept ... smarmy little guns for hire ..

-wiki-

During the 2005 UK General Election some viewers complained to the BBC that Paxman's robust questioning of party leaders had been rude and aggressive. [13] There was also criticism of his five-in-the-morning results interview with George Galloway. Referring to Oona King, whom Galloway had just defeated, Paxman asked more than once whether he was proud of having got rid of "one of the very few black women in Parliament." [14] An exasperated Galloway cut the interview short, and among subsequent critics was the defeated MP herself. Paxman later made a taped guest appearance on the Celebrity Big Brother reality TV show challenging Galloway to a follow-up session "with or without your leotard".

galloway is a silly prick, and paxman is needed. no matter what you think of him, hes healthy for media. its like with theocide, i think hes a cunt but its sometimes best to have him around.

the channel 4 team are the dogs bollocks though.

-wiki-

galloway is a silly prick, and paxman is needed. no matter what you think of him, hes healthy for media. its like with theocide, i think hes a cunt but its sometimes best to have him around.

the channel 4 team are the dogs bollocks though.

galloway was very vocally anti-iraq war around that time especially it's massive illegality with respect to the british MPs that actively pushed the UK into it .. that was why he became a target of the bbc clowns ... sackur's in that clown boat too .. geh .. what a wanker ..

with that said, I also like Rachel Maddow, and to be honest, don't think that Fox News would have a Democrat's equivalent of Joe Scarborough(you can't tell me Alan Colmes, that's not equal), so I don't think it's gonna be quite as even a bias-scale.

Colmes no longer works for Fox news. You left out Buchanan, by the way. ;)

Guest hahathhat

i thought they were all the same

i know you're joking, but seems to me that's about the same as saying, "all football teams are the same to me..."

the only news program i watch is nancy grace and only because i am convinced they put a soft halo around her body during broadcast to give her a heavenly and righteous appearance.

dude are you serious because i really believe they do this, they also seem to put a 'soft filter' over Loud Dobbs when he does his CNN show to make him look not so much like a dying old man.

image036.jpg

to put it another way ... will msnbc become the apologist mouthpeice for the obama administration ... in an attempt to sidetrack or defuse .. any leftist misgivings about anything obama may do ...

i've seen this already on olbermann ... inviting that news editor guy in to set things 'into perspective' .. but still it's too early to make any judgement calls on the obama teams true motives and policy objectives ... as for msnbc .. it'll chase the sellable demo's ratings and produce content accordingly .. it found a nice niche on the centrist left (from the perspective of the bush years at least heh) and ran with it ... that doesn't mean they won't still be called into line next time there's a call to arms about something important to the M.I.C. .. they are owned by GE after all ..

hey someone who was paying attention :beer:

Archived