IGNORED

New XBOX games

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest abusivegeorge

Just bought "Grid", "Star Wars 2 The original Trilogy" and "The Orange box" for £40 for the three.

The Orange Box is a compilation of games including complete versions of Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal, and a taster of Half life 2 Episode 2 I got this for £15 second hand. Grid was £15 brand new and Star Wars 2 was £10 brand new.

I thought this was pretty good? Has anyone else heard of "The Orange Box" before?

Sure, man. The Orange Box was released for the 360 back in 2007. If you haven't played Half-Life2 before than you're in for a treat and I think you'll have about 20-25 or maybe even 30 hours of gameplay ahead of you. Half-Life2 is one of the best FPS games ever made. It's a game that would already be considered old since it's from 2004, but once you're sucked into the HL2 universe you won't notice that it's 5 years old. Episode 1 is a bit short though (around 4 hours of gameplay) but it's extremely cinematic whereas Episode 2 is action packed right from the beginning and will give you up to 10 hours of gameplay.

Guest abusivegeorge

Excellent, Thanks Squee, it sounds like I got a real bargain there mate, really glad I got it now, it's hardly second hand either it looks like its hardly ever been played and and the box/manual/disc is immacluate.

Guest abusivegeorge
Btw. have you played Half-Life1? If not then hold on a second, because you'll need a summary of what happened in HL1.

Played and completed Half Life 1 and Half Life Blueshift on the PC years ago mate :).

For new Xbox games I'm excited about Street Fighter, the new Aliens game, Alan Wake (which it pains me to accept that it may never actually be finished) and Ghostbusters.

For new Xbox games I'm excited about Street Fighter, the new Aliens game, Alan Wake (which it pains me to accept that it may never actually be finished) and Ghostbusters.

Believe it or not, Alan Wake is actually set to be released in 2009.

whoa1uh.jpg

Plus, rumour has it that actual gameplay will be shown at this year's E3 (which will be huge this year and the booth babes are back, baby!). Also, I watched some leaked gameplay from Alan Wake about a week ago and it looked brilliant. Absolutely fantastic atmosphere!

By the way, Abusivegeorge... When you play GRID then take a good look at the graphics. Pay close attention to the beauty of the game. Once you've done that, then imagine an FPS Game made with the same graphics engine. That's right, Codemasters are working on Operation Flashpoint 2 which will be made with the exact same graphics engine and I promise you that OFP2 will be incredible and fucking huge.

Whats Alan Wake? Is that like Max Payne or something?

Actually, it's made Remedy Entertainment (and gets published by Microsoft so of course it will only be released for the 360 and PC) who also made Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. Alan Wake was announced back in 2005, so so it's one of those games that I've been waiting for for such a long time that it can't possibly meet my expections once it hits the shelves - but I'm keeping my hopes high.

It has been said that it'll be Stephen King meets David Lynch and I guess that you've played Max Payne since you mentioned it yourself, so you'll probably know that it'll have a great storyline.

EDIT: Forgot to tell what the game is about. It's about a guy, Alan Wake, who is a bestselling writer, but he's got a writer's block so his wife sends him to Bright Falls which supposedly is an idyllic town. She sends im here so he can recover his creative flow, but then all of a sudden she vanishes without a trace and señor Wake gets trapped in his nightmare where his latest work, a thriller he can't remember writing, is coming true before his eyes.

EDIT2: Fuckit, just watch this trailer

Cinematic Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41821.html

Guest Ultravisitor
By the way, Abusivegeorge... When you play GRID then take a good look at the graphics. Pay close attention to the beauty of the game. Once you've done that, then imagine an FPS Game made with the same graphics engine. That's right, Codemasters are working on Operation Flashpoint 2 which will be made with the exact same graphics engine and I promise you that OFP2 will be incredible and fucking huge.

operation flashpoint 1 was awesome.

i never played the singleplayer. my brother used to link up two computers and put on operation flashpoint for multiplayer. it was awesome, 1 on 1 in a little village. it was the one game that i actually had a chance at beating my brother at back then, seeing as he was 4 years older than me and i was only about 11.....maybe.....

2nd one looks ridiculous, unscripted battlefields? so anything can happen? i'm up for trying that one out.

Guest abusivegeorge

That actually looks really good, the reason I likened it to Max Payne was purely just because the title was a blokes name. That trailer looks awesome though, but they've been developing it for 4 years, thats ridiculous.

I've done the beginnning stages of Half Life 2 and I got a semi on from the girl that helps me out, I hope this is normal, but otherthan that really enjoying it so far.

I remember Alan Wake being shown when Intel quad cores were first being revealed to the world.

I've also been keeping tabs on it squee, hopefully it'll be as good as it looks, because it looks FUCKING ACE!

I just bought skate2, GRID, madden 09, left4dead, cod5, beijing 2008, ace combat 6, gta this week.

all are fun, must get more, mooooore!!!!!!!!!!

skate 2 is fun, i need some friends to play it with on live though, sick of playing with 13 year old american boys who think it's really fun to scream like a little girl and swear a ridiculous amount.

career mode is most fun. get's really hard though, you have to start doing massive tricks that are just too hard to do whilst still getting used to the game.

lol, Alan Wake and Duke Nukem forever will be released a double feature.

Duke Nukem can go suck a fuck. It'll be a huge disaster once it's finally released. But by then I'll be in an old people's home playing Skate 2.

once it's.....released?

Yeah, well it has only been on its way for... what... 12 years now? In time, baby. In time. Just keep your head high. Even the war between Israel and Palestine will end at one point, right? ... right? Oh wait... :huh:

Archived