IGNORED

Idiot Flesh/Sleepytime Gorilla Museum Appreciation Thread

Guest epsy

They both have 2 of the same guys in both bands, and the influence goes back n forth. Something about ppl using their intense study of classical music and instrument building to make some of the most visceral and disturbing music i've heard in a long time. My buddy opened up for them in Texas and said they smelled like they had slept in the desert without bathing for a week. They kept tripping the circuit breaker from all the contact mics they had setup. All this happening while the venue was flooding

Anybody Looking to be instantly hooked onto a band need look no further than this youtube blurb of their live show.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

fantastic band, until i stumbled into the avant-garde rock/metal scene i figured that all conventional 'perfomed' music had lost all sence of individuality. Its good to know there are still some bands out there truly striving to be original and sounding awesome at the same time.

"Powerless" is a fantastic track.

A friend of mine saw them once and he also said they smelled like a pile of burning trash.

i would have been really into these guys about 5 years ago when i was just getting into prog rock and such. but after a lot of people giving them so much hype and saying "OH WOW THEY'RE SO EXPERIMENTAL" i can't help but feel just a little disappointed upon finally hearing them. i'll still give them a listen if you can recommend an album though!

i would have been really into these guys about 5 years ago when i was just getting into prog rock and such. but after a lot of people giving them so much hype and saying "OH WOW THEY'RE SO EXPERIMENTAL" i can't help but feel just a little disappointed upon finally hearing them. i'll still give them a listen if you can recommend an album though!

Check out some of the old idiot flesh albums. i'd say for starters...

idiot flesh-tales of instant knowledge and sure death

sleepytime gorilla museum-in glorious times

Yeah I guess the band prides themselves on how bad they smell. I get what you mean, about how it's hard to not keep your expectations high when people are freaking out about certain elements about them, they certainly deserve more hype than shit bands like radiohead imo.

i would say get their first album if you really want to get hooked immediately. It seems to be the most accessable while still sounding fairly experimental.

the album is called the grand opening and closing, and for some reason i had alot of difficulty finding it on torrents as opposed to the other albums and had to download it in pieces over soulseek

Check out some of the old idiot flesh albums. i'd say for starters...

idiot flesh-tales of instant knowledge and sure death

sleepytime gorilla museum-in glorious times

Yeah I guess the band prides themselves on how bad they smell. I get what you mean, about how it's hard to not keep your expectations high when people are freaking out about certain elements about them, they certainly deserve more hype than shit bands like radiohead imo.

i don't think radiohead are shit, sure they get hyped up a lot more than they possibly should, but when i got into them nobody thought they were doing anything particularly 'experimental'.

and yeah part of the reason i'm a bit disappointed in these guys is that they're all such blatant hippies. when i heard the name and a description i thought they'd have a bit of a zappa-esque sound with a matching image of just a bunch of guys playing weird music. but it seems that they're using weird instruments to make something a bit more standard than what i expected.

Archived