IGNORED

alcoholism

Guest dese manz hatin

Guest dese manz hatin

do you think it has worsened over the past few decades?

i dont think so but apparently the mdeia does lol

anyway fair few borderline alcoholics on here lol

ps. /drunk

i think it has gotten a bit worse, but also keep in mind the drastic population increase from days of yore....also college doesnt help to establish a drinking culture.

man im so glad i dont really drink anymore.

though in a week, if im a good boy, i will saddle up and have a nice big pint of pale ale.

We live in a culture of consumer addiction, so if it wasn't alcohol it would likely be something else. That being said, alcohol is a pretty bad thing to be addicted to given how badly it impairs judgment and motor skills.

im well aware that if i dont cut down within a couple of years it could develop into something more serious, but i think that is the same for most people my age. at the moment im just concerned about how fattening my drink is, as ive grown beer tits over the winter. unfortunately drinking wine or spirits just ensures i get more drunk.

alcoholism is all relative anyhow.

you dont even want to know how much i consume.

its almost a 12 pack daily.

but i agree with you IDRN, the fattening aspect is what gets me thinking.

but i love the feeling after a long days work on your feet...to sit down and have a few beers

*kisses two fingers* MUAH!

Guest AOOproductions

But booze is funny fun fun. One reason i drink so much in college though is because all we have hear is lightbeer...(coors!) and most colleges are the same(99% undergrades). unfortunetly I just drink myself sober... This happens to me all the time with light beer. drink 6-7, and just can't get any drunker no matter what I do.

Guest Grizz

Its definately getting worse but I'm seeing it from an older perspective. Certain countries are a lot more responsible than we are in the UK though. Can't speak for the Americans but people purely drink to get wrecked here, and I know this as I'm the same but only once/twice a week max

Guest abusivegeorge

I am an alcoholic, I was given 18-6 months to live if I didn't stop, more likely six months as my consumption was so heavy, I have Liver Cirrhosis and only a 30% chance of living after 5 years even if I stop the alcohol.

I'm 21.

My intake was roughly 120 pints of 5% cider per week, for 7 years.

Guest tv_party
I think I consumed over two hundred units this week, its got out of hand a bit

wow that's a lot

I am an alcoholic, I was given 18-6 months to live if I didn't stop, more likely six months as my consumption was so heavy, I have Liver Cirrhosis and only a 30% chance of living after 5 years even if I stop the alcohol.

I'm 21.

Is this for real?

Guest abusivegeorge

I'm 21.

Is this for real?

Yes, I have quit drinking since the end of October, except last week I had a bad relapse, but I am back on the right path again.

Guest abusivegeorge
*hugs george*

You should go spread the good word of healthy living and impregnate as many teens as possible just in case.

*returns hug*

Impregnating the teens isn't the hard part, nor is spreading the word, the problem is the 3 mile radius ban I have from going near schools.

Guest abusivegeorge

Enlargement of breasts in men: the liver destroys the female sex hormones and in cirrhosis these accumulate and cause enlargement of the breasts and shrinking of the testes in men.

Those of you who mentioned your man tits getting large is actually a sign of liver inflammation as a good indication to stop drinking for a little while.

u go to aa?

One metting every single day, I have other places I go to, group therapy and such the like.

Guest ezkerraldean
One metting every single day, I have other places I go to, group therapy and such the like.

Drive your R5 more. It's fun, and it means you can't drink. Win-win.

Guest abusivegeorge

Drive your R5 more. It's fun, and it means you can't drink. Win-win.

Lol, driving is great but its only an hour and a half out of my day for a meeting, I enjoy them and they are necessary to help me stay clean. And I don't work anymore because I'm ill, so I can't drive ALL day long, so yeah meetings are kool.

I'd rather drive the elise anyway :angry: some 0-60 in 4 action.

Archived