IGNORED

alcoholism

Guest dese manz hatin

Guest abusivegeorge

lol, git, btw, I just realsied I had made a London Guys thread and you replied so thanks for your replies, I totally forgot about it.

how did you know you had cirrhosis?

stuff like this makes me paranoid...i was a pretty heavy drinker in college and about a year after (5+ years), I really hope I didnt do that to myself.

what i do know is that i get gastritis from drinking now, so if i even drink, its only about a beer or two.

i thought i had man tits because i smoked pot/ate too much....ive had semi man tits for years now, i doubt ive had cirrhosis that long?

I've been drinking a lot for the past several months, but I've been cutting back severely. I got some weight I'm trying to shed. I lost like four pounds in a couple weeks of not drinking :ermm:

Guest abusivegeorge
how did you know you had cirrhosis?

stuff like this makes me paranoid...i was a pretty heavy drinker in college and about a year after (5+ years), I really hope I didnt do that to myself.

what i do know is that i get gastritis from drinking now, so if i even drink, its only about a beer or two.

i thought i had man tits because i smoked pot/ate too much....ive had semi man tits for years now, i doubt ive had cirrhosis that long?

You have to go to extreme lengths with your using to get Cirrhosis, man tits aren't JUST a sign of Cirrhossis, it can be a sign that you just need to give your liver a rest for a while, I only found out because I had liver function tests done, and they are supposed to come back between 60-100

Mine came back 9138, so they did a biopsy, otherwise I would never have known, and I'd be dead now. Liver Cirrhosis kills 100,000 people a year in England alone though, many people have milder forms of liver disease due to many years of using, even if they don't use now, and they just don't know it, its very fucking serious and unfortunately a lot of people don't treat it as such.

I asked for the liver the liver function tests when I realised I had a problem and needed help as I had sicked up blood many times, which a sign of liver malfunction, it also turns out I have a Varicose vein too, which if irritated enough by alcohol can burst and kill you, although lucky for me, its not that big...yet.

Cirrhosis cannot be cured and can only get worse, however many people lead normal happy lives and live to a hundred with Cirrhosis as long as alcohol is avoided.

oh wow....luckily i dont exhibit any of those symptoms(throwing up blood)

i definately gave myself an intestinal ulcer though, though that might be from a combination of things.

hopefully my risk of contracting anything will lessen over time....i dont smoke tobacco anymore, and i probably have an average of one beer a week at this rate, maybe a little less.

so youre saying if you have cirrohsis, you usually notice when something REALLY seems off, i.e. throwing up blood?

Guest abusivegeorge
oh wow....luckily i dont exhibit any of those symptoms(throwing up blood)

i definately gave myself an intestinal ulcer though, though that might be from a combination of things.

hopefully my risk of contracting anything will lessen over time....i dont smoke tobacco anymore, and i probably have an average of one beer a week at this rate, maybe a little less.

so youre saying if you have cirrohsis, you usually notice when something REALLY seems off, i.e. throwing up blood?

Nope I was one of the lucky ones that just hapenned to contract a Varicose vein through drinking, its usually a silent killer. You will know if you need liver tests or not because you will know if you have a drink problem, chances are if you have a drink problem and you've realised this then you've done some sort of liver damage but hopefully catched it before the Cirrhosis stage.

essines actually worries me, as much as he/others may find that comment funny (internet and whatever), a human being is a human being and he drinks as much as I used to (I'm pretty sure) on a daily basis.

Guest abusivegeorge
i've been slacking on the meetings. i have a little over 6 months behind my belt but i haven't been to a meeting in a month. that's bad.

When you asked I didn't realise you were a recovering alcoholic mate! 6 months is really good, but a month is a long time to go without a meet, I'm sure as you know if you stop going to meetings it will eventually lead to relapse, don't do that man! Besides you got to go to a meet soon to pick up your chip :P?

i've been slacking on the meetings. i have a little over 6 months behind my belt but i haven't been to a meeting in a month. that's bad.

When you asked I didn't realise you were a recovering alcoholic mate! 6 months is really good, but a month is a long time to go without a meet, I'm sure as you know if you stop going to meetings it will eventually lead to relapse, don't do that man! Besides you got to go to a meet soon to pick up your chip :P?

yeah, i got a guilty feeling now about going to pick up a chip so long after my birthday. I've been neglecting calling my sponsor and everything. I'm actually more a drug addict than alcoholic but aa seems to "work" better and has more sobriety than na...

Guest abusivegeorge

yeah, i got a guilty feeling now about going to pick up a chip so long after my birthday. I've been neglecting calling my sponsor and everything. I'm actually more a drug addict than alcoholic but aa seems to "work" better and has more sobriety than na...

I attend CA and NA occasionally too, well once a week for both actually. Don't feel guilty, and your sponsor won't mind if you want to give him/her a bell, just let them know how your doing explain that your still clean and that you've just been being lazy and get yourself back in the rooms, go get your chip, you've been clean, thats all that matters.

I find the same with AA also works best, and I know other drug addicts who say the same, its a bit more close to home I think because all drug addicts drank/drink anyway.

Archived