IGNORED

Tent City, Sacramento [pics of the new american depression]

chaosmachine

A tent city in Sacramento, Calif., shown here on Thursday, March 5, is growing as the worsening economy leads to more people losing their jobs and being forced out of their homes. More than 1,200 are estimated to live in the encampment, which is growing by up to 50 people a week. This tent city has sprouted up in almost the same location along the American River as an earlier one inhabited by transplanted Tennesseans who had moved West looking For work during the Great Depression.

pics

ps: as someone who has lived in a tent twice, it's not so bad.

Looks like 15 people who've already been homeless for years. This is not newsworthy...yet

More than 1,200 are estimated to live in the encampment, which is growing by up to 50 people a week.

Guest analogue wings
More than 1,200 are estimated to live in the encampment, which is growing by up to 50 people a week.

the photographer spectacularly failed to convey that

i will likely be living in a tent this summer unless i can figure out some kind of money making scheme. i'm currently living in my friend's basement with no job or ambition. only watmm keeps me going

Guest JohnTqs
i will likely be living in a tent this summer unless i can figure out some kind of money making scheme. i'm currently living in my friend's basement with no job or ambition. only watmm keeps me going

the dream

Weren't you making music at one time?

Personally, I'm not taking anything seriously until I see roving gangs of hobos.

c2wez.jpg

Archived