Rick Wade

RJD2

Seoul vs Linder 2x4 Steve Bug

Tiefschwarz

Tiga

Wighnomy Bros

Z-Trip

Guest Deep Fried Everything

there's a big part of me that wishes they tried to reach out to more up-and-coming talent (wouldn't they presumably be cheaper to book as well?) but overall the lineup so far isn't too bad.

derrick may headlining the last night? *snooze*

overall definitely still worth the extremely cheap weekend pass cost.

+25 more

Al Ester

Anthony Attalla

Anthony Rother - live

Benga

Busy P

Chuck Gibson a.k.a Perception – live

Craig Gonzalez

Delano Smith

Drumcell

Exchange Bureau - live

Glitch Mob - live

Henrik Schwarz, AME and Dixon present: Innervisions Live: a critical mass

Jay Denham

Kevin Reynolds - live

Krazy Baldhead - live

Lusine

Marc “MK” Kinchen & Scotty Deep - live

Mieka du Franx

Mike Clark

Neil Landstrumm - live

Nic Fanciulli

Nikola Baytala

Octave One - live

The Sight Below - live

Will Webb

looking very good, can't wait for neil landstrumm amongst many others. saw him twice in detroit in '06 and it was bangin'

Guest tv_party
LOL

yeah, failed DEMF would be Detroit's downfall... right...

as in not much distance to fall? ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing neil landstrumm and afrika bambaataa but nobody else sufficiently tickles my fancy.

amen brother. they've performed at the fest in past years but i don't ever recall catching them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the last thing this festival needs is jeff mills again.

the innervisions boat party is pretty hilarious, and a good lineup to boot.

word. pm me anyone if you're interested in meeting up, otherwise have a banging good time! unfortunately i'm only going to be staying downtown on sunday night (unless some other venue becomes available on another evening ;) but it will still be fuckin great

i see no jeff mills

jeff mills... why does everyone still have their panties all in a bunch about him? i realize he's done some great things but amongst Other things his last set at DEMF was atrocious and not at all worthy of the spot in the lineup he was given.

dare i say... has-been?

see you there!

*parties on*

anyone going to the "i'm on a boat!" party? price is ridiculous, i wish i could justify it to myself but there's just too much good shit going down on sunday to be able to commit to that one venue.... but its on a freakin riverboat!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alban Arthuan

flying lotus and bambaata were fun.... caught steve bug @ some after party and that wasnt bad...the rest, meh.

basically everything that i thought might be cool was and the rest was very meh... unfortunately the underground stage had many of the weekends best acts/sets and the worst sound (due mostly to reverberation/confined space)...

my favorites (not in order)

- anthony rother's live set - a live pa featuring lots of crazy/cheezy vocoder work, apparently he's never played in the states before. i don't quite know how to describe his music, kinda reminded me of a melding of house and italo-disco with a very dark bent

- flying lotus - really sweet, i can see why people might not like his live sets because he was all over the place but he was incredibly enthusiastic and totally worked the crowd in just the right way. great great variety, one of the best of the weekend.

- luke hess - fucking sweet and i knew it would be from listening to "light in the dark", shame he played early afternoon.

- octave one - was hard as fuck, they should've been on the main stage or ANYWHERE besides the underground.

asides: it was cool hearing rjd2's set just to hear extended samples from the songs he used to create lots of tracks from deadringer and since we last spoke (i really love that album), he fucked up quite a bit dj'ing but it was still a nice change of pace.

all of the minimal/etc shit on the beatport stage sounded the same all weekend; i was digging clark warner at the beginning of the day though.

techno's not dead, but it sucks that dj's nowadays using strictly digital means of playing sets can be so... clinical?

cassy (from berghain/berlin) playing at oslo on saturday night was my favorite part of the weekend, just tops. overall i would say i was disappointed but that's not actually true, i had a pretty good idea of what the fest was going to be this year and it slid right in as i figured. still fun going out to explore the heidelberg project and the old packard plant. detroit is a pretty amazing (and sad) city. and if paxahau runs that shit again next year (i'm sure they are) they need to give detroit locals cheap tickets, get more people from the community out to that shit.

basically everything that i thought might be cool was and the rest was very meh... unfortunately the underground stage had many of the weekends best acts/sets and the worst sound (due mostly to reverberation/confined space)...

my favorites (not in order)

- anthony rother's live set - a live pa featuring lots of crazy/cheezy vocoder work, apparently he's never played in the states before. i don't quite know how to describe his music, kinda reminded me of a melding of house and italo-disco with a very dark bent

- flying lotus - really sweet, i can see why people might not like his live sets because he was all over the place but he was incredibly enthusiastic and totally worked the crowd in just the right way. great great variety, one of the best of the weekend.

- luke hess - fucking sweet and i knew it would be from listening to "light in the dark", shame he played early afternoon.

- octave one - was hard as fuck, they should've been on the main stage or ANYWHERE besides the underground.

asides: it was cool hearing rjd2's set just to hear extended samples from the songs he used to create lots of tracks from deadringer and since we last spoke (i really love that album), he fucked up quite a bit dj'ing but it was still a nice change of pace.

all of the minimal/etc shit on the beatport stage sounded the same all weekend; i was digging clark warner at the beginning of the day though.

techno's not dead, but it sucks that dj's nowadays using strictly digital means of playing sets can be so... clinical?

cassy (from berghain/berlin) playing at oslo on saturday night was my favorite part of the weekend, just tops. overall i would say i was disappointed but that's not actually true, i had a pretty good idea of what the fest was going to be this year and it slid right in as i figured. still fun going out to explore the heidelberg project and the old packard plant. detroit is a pretty amazing (and sad) city. and if paxahau runs that shit again next year (i'm sure they are) they need to give detroit locals cheap tickets, get more people from the community out to that shit.

that was fun. im not familiar with the guy (old electro stuff i was told about) - but his set was fun in the underground

Archived