IGNORED

Braintree demands! how many veggie-fuckers in the house?

Guest thanksomuch

Braintree demands! how many veggie-fuckers in the house?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. please pick from choices below:

• Lacto-vegetarianism
    • ovo-vegetarianism
    • lacto-ovo vegetarianism
    • pescetarianism
    • omnivore
    • carnivore
    • bonsai
    • vegan

Guest joshier
Why all the hate?

im not really being serious. i **couldn't care less if someone is a vegetarian. more meat for me.

caring.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beatfanatic
Try to catch a documentary that debuted on HBO recently called "Death on A Factory Farm." It is composed of undercover footage taken by a guy who was hired at an Ohio hog farm. Just forget your politics or your bravado or your defensiveness and just consider how one creature is behaving toward another. It's not even about what you eat at that point. It's about being a good steward of the earth. Or, alternatively, look at anything the Chinese do regarding animals--holy shit, it's the stuff of nightmares lol. I believe that there are hundreds of alternatives for humane meat but no one gives a fuck because it's purely a profit-driven enterprise like everything else and it's the animals who lose.

I mean, a vast majority of us on the board keep cats, dogs, and other animals. If you can watch piglets being thrown more than 6 feet into a cramped mass of other piglets in a truck by their back legs and separate that from what it would be like to have your cat go through that, then you've won in some respects because you can rest easy like a lot of other people do. It bothers me pretty badly and no one has ever agreed with anything I've said on the matter on the board, which is why it was surprising that soundwave posted what he did.

I am not a PETA maniac--I just think that suffering should be minimized for anything that calls itself alive on the earth; especially since it would be really easy to do with the power humanity has harvested. That goes for kids, adults, and the rest of the natural world. I know it's pie-in-the-sky but can you think of a better goal? Profits? Personal gain? That's what has driven the world forever but it doesn't make it noble or okay.

REALIZATION EDIT: My lovely Amanda Seyfried avatar coupled with my post is making me look like a woman

Oh yeah, to Alzado: very long post very long post very long post very long post

very long post very long post very long post very long post

-xxx

i read the whole thing

Guest beatfanatic
Thanks Beat. This stuff shouldn't sound so far off the mark to you; I bet you had some Sikh friends back in the Motherland.

haha its funny you mention that because I used to know some friends who didnt eat garlic,potatoes or onions or any root vergetable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism#Main_points

Jainism's stance on nonviolence goes far beyond vegetarianism. Jains refuse food obtained with unnecessary cruelty. Many practice a lifestyle similar to veganism, due to the violence of modern dairy farms, and others exclude root vegetables from their diets to preserve the lives of these plants.[28] Potatoes, garlic and onions in particular are avoided by Jains.[29]. Devout Jains do not eat, drink, or travel after sunset, and prefer to drink water that is boiled and then cooled to room temperature.[citation needed] Many Jains abstain from eating green vegetables and root vegetables one day each week

Archived