IGNORED

Braintree demands! how many veggie-fuckers in the house?

Guest thanksomuch

Braintree demands! how many veggie-fuckers in the house?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. please pick from choices below:

• Lacto-vegetarianism
    • ovo-vegetarianism
    • lacto-ovo vegetarianism
    • pescetarianism
    • omnivore
    • carnivore
    • bonsai
    • vegan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the popular idea that it's more expensive to eat as a vegetarian.. I mean, sure, if all you buy is veggie-dogs and Morningstar Farms frozen shit then of course you'll spend a fortune; far more than you would to buy regular hotdogs & frozen foods. On the other hand, if you buy staples (rice, lentils, beans), fresh produce and tofu ($1/lb) you'll eat for practically nothing. I can feast for $20 a week, eating mineral-rich & amazingly tasty foods. Of course, there's plenty of cooking involved. I love to cook though, so it works out great :D

I can't find produce or tofu that cheap here, seriously. Food is expensive. That being said, due to my new job i've been eating far more tofu, tempeh and mochi, not to mention rice. have hardly eaten meat in over a month.

edit: Also, i need to eat a certain amount of food everyday so as to not die, i can't skip any meal or eat too many vegetables (or tofu and beans). I need balance or i'll die.

Guest thanksomuch

i am trying to incorperate turkey or tofu tacos into my diet. tofu tocas are great. all you have to do is take a pack of firm tofu, and freeze it. let it thaw. do to the freezing process it creates the same sort of texture that fround turkey has!

Guest tbio2007
i fucking hate vegetarians that are vegetarian for bullshit moral reasons. fuck you. i mean, if you just don't like meat i can understand that, more power to you, salads are good, but when you are gonna act superior because of some stupid animal cruelty or something ridiculous like that you can just suck a giant cock.

Ben C destroyed your argument in one sentence and also in a question! That is rare and shows how weak your argument.

Guest Iain C

Beneboi's just an angry person in general.

Vegetarianism is never expensive for me, because I don't eat very much and stick to basic stuff. And I mooch vegetarian food off other people who actually cook.

i fucking hate vegetarians that are vegetarian for bullshit moral reasons. fuck you. i mean, if you just don't like meat i can understand that, more power to you, salads are good, but when you are gonna act superior because of some stupid animal cruelty or something ridiculous like that you can just suck a giant cock.

Ben C destroyed your argument in one sentence and also in a question! That is rare and shows how weak your argument.

He was joking there, slugger. Calm down.

I can't find produce or tofu that cheap here, seriously. Food is expensive. That being said, due to my new job i've been eating far more tofu, tempeh and mochi, not to mention rice. have hardly eaten meat in over a month.

edit: Also, i need to eat a certain amount of food everyday so as to not die, i can't skip any meal or eat too many vegetables (or tofu and beans). I need balance or i'll die.

Yeah, I forget how spoilt we are in tex-ass.. produce is seriously dirt-cheap here (unless you shop at hole foods).

I also suffer from the horrible malady known as "bottomless stomach," so I know it's tough to eat enough when you have a high metabolism. The only way I can get full is to cook a massive pile o' food and then eat half of it in one sitting.

People who eat meat don't really give a shit about animals or worse choose to be ignorant of the realties of the shit animals have to go through to get to the plate.

Ok if you live in an enviroment where you HAVE to eat meat to survive then fair play to you but in the modern world there is simply no real need anymore other than cultural habit.

If you give a shit don't eat it I say.

Guest tv_party
People who eat meat don't really give a shit about animals or worse choose to be ignorant of the realties of the shit animals have to go through to get to the plate.

Ok if you live in an enviroment where you HAVE to eat meat to survive then fair play to you but in the modern world there is simply no real need anymore other than cultural habit.

I'll be damned--the first...and I mean first person on this board to hold this view. I've been roundly made fun of for trying to point this out. By all accounts, I'm still a guilty culprit; heroin or sirloin--it's about the same to me. But, I would love to see a sea change in American agriculture along the lines of what this guy's on about:

Michael Pollan

lol, no surprise this was in my news box this morning either

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090324/ap_on_..._meat_mortality

Perhaps some/many neglected to mention it because it's so self-evident.

nice sweeping generalisations

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i didnt really understand what soundwave was trying to say.

giving a shit? about the animals?

Archived