IGNORED

Wii storage solution

Rubin Farr

hi xbox360 fan here

when micro$oft first said you can burn your games to your HD i was like wow awesome.. but then i relized you need the game in the machine for it to work..THOUGH whilst running games off your HD the 360 is silent, which is nice.

another thing xbl should get rid of is microsoft points. WHY do we need some sort of currency for xbl? surely it would just be faster to pay in £ or $ or euros (wherever you come from) instead of paying money for points to buy stuff. cut out the crap...

another thing, the media is good i guess, i plug my exhd into the xbox and it plays movies on my screen (if i 'get' hd movies it looks lovely!) but there is a lack of subtitles, xbox just dosnt play the subtitle file *shurg* just little things i guess

I'd look into streaming those files from your PC... then the 360 just acts as a conduit for the media, and subtitles will then probably work.

but then ill have to install the windows media center and i tend to keep away from windows mp/mc ect;

ill make do with if i HAVE to see a film which needs subtitles ill just watch it on mylaptop. no worries

hi xbox360 fan here

when micro$oft first said you can burn your games to your HD i was like wow awesome.. but then i relized you need the game in the machine for it to work..THOUGH whilst running games off your HD the 360 is silent, which is nice.

another thing xbl should get rid of is microsoft points. WHY do we need some sort of currency for xbl? surely it would just be faster to pay in £ or $ or euros (wherever you come from) instead of paying money for points to buy stuff. cut out the crap...

another thing, the media is good i guess, i plug my exhd into the xbox and it plays movies on my screen (if i 'get' hd movies it looks lovely!) but there is a lack of subtitles, xbox just dosnt play the subtitle file *shurg* just little things i guess

I'd look into streaming those files from your PC... then the 360 just acts as a conduit for the media, and subtitles will then probably work.

but then ill have to install the windows media center and i tend to keep away from windows mp/mc ect;

ill make do with if i HAVE to see a film which needs subtitles ill just watch it on mylaptop. no worries

You don't HAVE to use WMC...

http://www.themediamall.com/playon

Never thought I'd say this, but after these last few years, I'm not sure I even care about Nintendo anymore..

It turns out the Wii is just another one in their series of dust-collecting consoles after all. :mellow:

I don't know, I'd agree for the most part with retail Wii games. But I play a ton of WiiWare and Virtual Console games.

I can see why it is useful to someone that can't already stream stuff to their tv, but I don't want to have to pay for something I already have.

This.

Why is it so hard to find cell phones without shitloads of bells and whistles and other features I won't use? I want a PHONE, only a PHONE, and nothing but a PHONE. It adds unnecessarily to the cost as well as the fact that more features = more components = more potential points of failure for the thing to break down. This principle applies to all electronics and appliances, videogame consoles included.

nokia 1208

Archived