IGNORED

what was the first electronic song that you remember hearing?

J3FF3R00

Guest JohnTqs
hmm maybe crystal method's "get busy child" when playing fifa 98

moby - play

i had it on cassette back in 99, those were the days

can i ask how old you two are?

by my reckoning, if the first electronic song you heard was in 98/99, then you would have to be born in like 95/96 or something.... which would make you both 13 or 14

confused

this is the first electronic album that i can remember, i listened to it all the time. of course it probably isn't the first, i could've heard saw 85-92 when i was 3 and not realized it

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod
Okay I think this is the first electronic song I ever heard

I love how that synth just keeps going at the end...its pushing you into the magical world. Fucking great.

the kid morphing into a cartoon and then lassoing the ship was always my favorite part. it's like wow, holy shit, they're turning kids into cartoons, and they get pirate ships? where do i sign up? i love the little synth at the end too, it's like it reiterates how fucking serious they are about imagination, they have a little coda.

first idm was most likely on Amp on mtv....

first known idm was the Aphex trks on 'Further Down the Spiral'....

first electronic music: soundtracks by John Carpenter, the last scene in 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' and Vangelis' 'Blade Runner' sndtrk......

in 1981 my babysitter made me a tape of the newly released "computer world" by kraftwerk. he included the last 10 minutes or so of "equinoxe" by JMJ as well. silver memorex tape, which i still have to this day. i was 7 when i got it, and used to play it on the stereo at night and play with my light up frisbee, because it seemed like 'space music'.

ancient times.

c

Okay I think this is the first electronic song I ever heard

I love how that synth just keeps going at the end...its pushing you into the magical world. Fucking great.

Thanks for this, I remember an episode where they showed you how to make a book out of construction paper and cardboard. lol

Archived