IGNORED

what was the first electronic song that you remember hearing?

J3FF3R00

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and one of my first memory is watching Koyaanisqatsi on PBS in the mid/early 80's, on a little black and white telly and being mezmerised by it, so that could be my first memory of electronic music (it's somehow more electro-acoustic, but still...)

the chase by moroder (midnight express)

this... and autobahn! first one i heard that i was floored by was Numbers/Computer World 2!

For me, the Doctor Who theme song, 1977. I don't really count that as music though (more a soundtrack), so it would probably have to be Soft Cell's Tainted Love - I remember that song captivated me with the synths...

Guest abusivegeorge

First Electronic music I ever heard was LUDDs 7 Pin dinner like 10 years ago (maybe not that long, but can't be far off).

I'm pretty sure the dr who theme song counts as "music" joyrex.

*sigh*

Is this how you get your stiffies now - going around and disagreeing with everything I post/say?

Yes, yes, it's all "music" - I meant to say I don't count it really as music in the sense of it being a song, but rather a part of a audio/visual work and was composed specifically for that purpose, whereas a song stands on it's own merits.

I'm pretty sure the dr who theme song counts as "music" joyrex.

*sigh*

Is this how you get your stiffies now - going around and disagreeing with everything I post/say?

Yes, yes, it's all "music" - I meant to say I don't count it really as music in the sense of it being a song, but rather a part of a audio/visual work and was composed specifically for that purpose, whereas a song stands on it's own merits.

weird. same reason venice in peril popped into my head as being first.

edit* that and being new around here i guess i should be friends with your gang till i find out whos mexican/black/nazi

my parents were huge new age heads, so I heard loads of Tangerine Dream, Yanni, "Private Music", "Narada" etc.

not sure if those count as teh elektronic musix

I can remember Autobahn from riding in the car when I was like 3.

First Electronic music I ever heard was LUDDs 7 Pin dinner like 10 years ago (maybe not that long, but can't be far off).

whoa... really?

it might actually've been longer than 10 years ago, thinking about it

edit: actually, it was probably this, which was from 1997, i think

02_TOKYO_LUCKY_HOLE.MP3

Guest Mr Salads

First proper electronic music was likely Super mario Bros.

Then YALL READY FOR THIS, DUH DUH DUH ETC

and stuff like

Guest Helper ET
First proper electronic music was likely Super mario Bros.

Then YALL READY FOR THIS, DUH DUH DUH ETC

i wasnt ready for it

it sounds like musical upside-down pear cake with ice-cream.

edit* what synth?

that has to be a good thing (musical upside-down pear cake with ice-cream)

mc303 / casiotone mt65 / cheetah md16 drum machine / boss delay pedal / 4track portastudio

Guest zaphod

i can't remember but it might have been something by new order that my parents were listening to when i was little. i remember happening on mtv's amp at some point though, saw the video for fsol's amoeba. i guess the first electronic music i really remember liking was the mortal kombat theme song, lol

Guest Mr Salads
i can't remember but it might have been something by new order that my parents were listening to when i was little. i remember happening on mtv's amp at some point though, saw the video for fsol's amoeba. i guess the first electronic music i really remember liking was the mortal kombat theme song, lol

lol, totally. Mortalll Kombaaaaat!!!!

Archived