IGNORED

what was the first electronic song that you remember hearing?

J3FF3R00

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Caustic

remember hearing...

my dad was always big on Tangerine Dream, so i was exposed to alot of that when i was younger.

and The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld too.

i also remember seeing Come to Daddy around the time it came out, so i guess that counts.

it sounds like musical upside-down pear cake with ice-cream.

edit* what synth?

that has to be a good thing (musical upside-down pear cake with ice-cream)

mc303 / casiotone mt65 / cheetah md16 drum machine / boss delay pedal / 4track portastudio

haha i knew it! those damn mc303 pulses.. polar opposite of the Jp

Guest Ominous

just recently I found out that this was composed by Moroder; so everything has come full circle :smile:

I also used to love a Spanish synthpop band called Mecano.

hmm maybe crystal method's "get busy child" when playing fifa 98

moby - play

i had it on cassette back in 99, those were the days

can i ask how old you two are?

by my reckoning, if the first electronic song you heard was in 98/99, then you would have to be born in like 95/96 or something.... which would make you both 13 or 14

confused

Guest zaphod

i just remembered being about thirteen or so and the big song was filter/crystal method "trip like i do" from the spawn soundtrack hahaha

Honestly, I was tone-deaf until I was 14.  I couldn't tell the difference between a guitar, the bass, the drums, or keyboard until then.

When I finally figured it out, it was like stepping into Oz when the color comes in. A revelation.

So I have no idea what the first electronic song I heard was, but the first one I know was electronic is fucking embarrassing.

Guest Mr Salads
i just remembered being about thirteen or so and the big song was filter/crystal method "trip like i do" from the spawn soundtrack hahaha

lol, oh my goood. fucking remember that! I loved that shit!

Guest abusivegeorge
First Electronic music I ever heard was LUDDs 7 Pin dinner like 10 years ago (maybe not that long, but can't be far off).

whoa... really?

it might actually've been longer than 10 years ago, thinking about it

edit: actually, it was probably this, which was from 1997, i think

02_TOKYO_LUCKY_HOLE.MP3

Quite possibly mate, in fact when writing my post I distinctly thought to myself "I'm sure the music of LUDDs I heard was made in like 97' or something" so yeah easily man, fucking awesome music, part of the reason I was always trolling Tavistocke street (Obviously this was slightly later, when I actually found out that music had been made by your hands) was to hear your music, either you my sis or Steve would at some point play a mix of yours. Massive respect.

Just listened to the attachement

ZOMG THATS THE VERY FUCKING TUNE.

First proper electronic music was likely Super mario Bros.

Then YALL READY FOR THIS, DUH DUH DUH ETC

and stuff like

Holy shit, Stakka Bo--I haven't seen that in 15 years or so. I remember that girl because I thought she was so sexy--especially when she disco danced. On the other side of sexy was that ginger fella's dentition. Maybe I'm biased but that song holds up pretty well. If you nixed some of the white boy patois and 90's fashion choices, it would still float today imo. That girl would also have to get in Katy Perry-style wardrobe which would be infinitely pleasing to me.

Man, Beavis & Butthead tore this vid UP! I just had a total flashback. I'd do the chick too.

Guest analogue wings

When I was shorty, proper synth music was fucking everywhere. I would have heard most of this by the time I turned 4...

From my parents' tape collection:

Sky - Sky 1

Wakeman - Journey to the Centre of the Earth

From New Zealand (and imported UK) TV:

Jarre - Equinoxe IV ("Our World" intro music)

ELP - Fanfare for the Common Man ("Sunday Grandstand" intro music)

Commodores - Machine Gun ("Ready to Roll" intro music)

Hot Butter - Popcorn (used as a filler between kids' shows back before ubiquitous ads)

Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World

Dr Who

Vision On

etc...

hmm maybe crystal method's "get busy child" when playing fifa 98

moby - play

i had it on cassette back in 99, those were the days

can i ask how old you two are?

by my reckoning, if the first electronic song you heard was in 98/99, then you would have to be born in like 95/96 or something.... which would make you both 13 or 14

confused

I'm 20. I've probably heard loads of electronic music way before that track but, thats the first time i can remember really liking an electronic track to the point of wanting to own it.

If we're taking it waaay back then maybe an enya track i heard in kindergarten. Is enya electronic music?

Atari Teenage Riot... not sure which track, but it was definitely off of burn berlin burn.

I had never heard anything like it before, and didnt even understand the concept of synths or samplers, so it blew my mind when I found out it was all electronically made.

i was into ATR for a long time, and then I stopped being a teenager.

Guest Pilcat
Hooked on classics

HOLY SHIT YES!

i still have a cassette of this somewhere in my house,

definitely my first electro-love

that simple clap still gets me.

Guest Mr Salads

Okay I think this is the first electronic song I ever heard

I love how that synth just keeps going at the end...its pushing you into the magical world. Fucking great.

Archived