IGNORED

David Byrne tour

b born droid

I saw him on Sunday night. He was fucking awesome.

Setlist:

Strange Overtones

I Zimbra

One Fine Day

Help Me Somebody

Houses in Motion

My Big Nurse

My Big Hands

Heaven

Wanted for Life

Life is Long

Cross-eyed and Painless

Born Under Punches

Once in a Lifetime

Life During Wartime

I Feel My Stuff

Take Me to the River

The Great Curve

Air

Burning Down the House

Everything That Happens

His new album with Eno is ace, and it was great to hear the tracks live. Only downside was lack of Talking Heads stuff outside of Eno based tracks, but then again that was to be expected.

Try to get to this if you can.

I haven't seen this tour but I completely agree about Byrne live. I saw him ages ago on tour for his first solo album. The guy had a full mexican (? er, "ethnic") band backing him up, and he was a live wire. So much energy and the sound was great. One of the very best concerts I've been to.

Guest Iain C

He's headlining the Bestival I think, one of my housemates is going. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but probably not worth a jaunt to the Isle of Wight.

He's headlining the Bestival I think, one of my housemates is going. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but probably not worth a jaunt to the Isle of Wight.

That's the same bestival that Kraftwerk are playing right?? Are you 100% sure about that cause you just blew my mind.

Guest Iain C

Yeah, you're right actually. And looking at this tracklist again post-cannabis, I really want to see it. A lot. Fack!

Edit: Actually he's not mentioned at all on the Bestival website so I might just be getting confused, I think my housemate is going to see him somewhere else. Sorry for getting your hopes up, lol!

Yeah, you're right actually. And looking at this tracklist again post-cannabis, I really want to see it. A lot. Fack!

Edit: Actually he's not mentioned at all on the Bestival website so I might just be getting confused, I think my housemate is going to see him somewhere else. Sorry for getting your hopes up, lol!

Oh man that was horrible :cry: That would have probably been the best festival I'd ever been to as well you bastard!

Guest Iain C

Oh man that was horrible :cry: That would have probably been the best festival I'd ever been to as well you bastard!

Easily confused, sorry :cry::flower:

Guest Deep Fried Everything

grrrrrrr, i had seats 8 rows from the stage in pittsburgh but then i ended up moving that weekend... not exactly something to plan for.

Archived