IGNORED

Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Guest chax

At 14, Toronto school friends Steve "Lips" Kudlow and Robb Reiner made a pact to rock together forever. Their band, Anvil, went on to become the "demigods of Canadian metal," releasing one of the heaviest albums in metal history, 1982's Metal on Metal. The album influenced a musical generation, including Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax, that went on to sell millions of records. But Anvil's career took a different path - straight to obscurity.

This movie just came out in certain cities (I think LA, New York, Toronto, etc) and it just totally blew me away. I'm not into metal at all, but the documentary was very interesting and very real and well done (it was shot over two years). I usually don't get that sentimental but I definitely did cry at the end :cry: I really do believe that the right time/place (I don't want to get into a philosophical discussion about fate) can be responsible for everything, but I'm sure Anvil will get their due because of this movie. They were also just inducted into "The Canadian Indies Hall of Fame", which probably doesn't matter but is good. Anyway I just had to post that I saw this and when it's out on DVD everyone should check it out. :ok:

Guest Stoppit

Yeah, I want to see this

Toronto school friends Steve "Lips" Kudlow and Robb Reiner

Seems like a weird coincidence that the guy has the same name as the director of Spinal Tap

Netflix has it as "unknown availibilty." I saved it anyway to remind me to locate a torrent or a cheap copy somehow. That trailer was really compelling!

don't worry, you'll definitely get the movie off of netflix, it's going to become huge.

the biggest deal with this for me personally, was the whole contrast of the work/dream lifestyle scenario. do you find a job that you find personal satisfaction with and "love"? or do you work a mind-numbing garbage job in order to survive and dedicate all your free time to your passion for music even though you know you'll never make enough money from it or "make it" ever. when do you give up on your dreams? there's so much stuff to get into, i definitely need to see it again

Archived