IGNORED

no more reason

Guest pantsonmyhead

this is pretty damn sweet.

i love the sounds and the glitches and the stutters, it sounds metallic.

it's definitely short, and i can easily imagine this track going many different places, but it's a nice exercise in programming.

some parts sounded like they were just going off the wall for no reason, i think you could expand on this by adding more elements and create a purpose and direction for this track to really blow up.

either way, it was a very interesting listen, and i can't wait to hear mo'!

Sweet percussive bits. The acoustic guitar is a nice touch. I like the drill section, neat programming. Drums sound nice and crisp. The stereo field si well covered, everything sits in its own space. Love the reverse effects. Continue with it! It's ready for a freak out section with all the fixings. I enjoy what's there so far.

Guest pantsonmyhead

thanks a bunch guys

I agree with the shortness...guess I'm kinda scard of draggin anything out what with the completely different program interface and all

more to come

<3jasper

bring it on folks, i wanna hear more of you cats speak up!

Guest cakeface

ok, lovely drum programming, there were two things in the track not to my taste

1. the acoustic guitar, not what it's actually playing just it's general inclusion makes the beginning of the track sound like it would fit nicely into a compilation entitled "chillout mix 2006 by chris coco" which, in my view is not a good thing, although feel free to disagree.

2. not so much of a criticism of what you've done, more advice on what you could do, i think you need more bassline material to fill the track out somewhat- maybe something slightly abrasive in keeping with the drums.

liked it a lot though

Mmm very nice. Sounds very much like Beak. You're not Beak are you? My only crit and its hard to criticise is that a bit more music development would have been cool, oh and longer like the others said. Very enjoyable. :cool:

i like this style much... like plantre says, some parts sounded like they were just going off the wall for no reason, i think you could expand on this by adding more elements and create a purpose and direction for this track to really blow up.

the off the wallness is good though, maybe some toms or tom like sounds to fill that lower midrange... give it some punchy ...

Guest pantsonmyhead

thanks again guys

Promo: not beak...I used to be artfag on the last board

cakeface: I share a hatred of downtempo/chillout...the beginning kinda drags becausethe track is about sitting in the waiting room at a hospital waiting to see my grandfather, about 2 hours into waiting i see him rushed by me to the ICU because he had a stroke in his hospital bed

the next track I throw up will be wildly different

Archived