IGNORED

adventureland

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Mr Salads

Yeah I was surprised by this in a pleasant way. Was expecting more laughs and was a little disappointed not to get any, this has like serious relationship business going on but for what it is, its pretty good.

Yeah I was surprised by this in a pleasant way. Was expecting more laughs and was a little disappointed not to get any, this has like serious relationship business going on but for what it is, its pretty good.

Woh...

A monumental moment on watmm...

and Beneboi, put sarcasm tags after your posts!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i didnt think it was all that good. it reminded me of juno, in that if i was 10 years younger i might have liked it.

the relationship wasnt believeable.

the funny parts were funny but it wasnt a comedy so there werent enough.

the friendship aspect of the film was good but not explored enough because WE MUST HAVE LOVE STORY.

Guest Mr Salads

If they laid off the drug use and the swearing they could have brought it in as a PG-13 and probably made some decent moneys. Im sure it will find a life on dvd.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

but they werent teens. early 20's.

i thought it missed the mark on lots of levels.

i remember the 80s. it felt more like a smalltown stuck in the past a little rather than the actual 80s.

i think my major problem was that i watched dazed and confused the night before and its unfair to compare really.

BONER!

they even missed a great visual gag there too.

Guest IRARI
the friendship aspect of the film was good but not explored enough because WE MUST HAVE LOVE STORY.

THERE IS NOT STORY

Guest zaphod

surprisingly good movie. i went to see this with a girl having never seen a preview thinking it was a judd apatow style comedy, but yeah, it's a date movie, basically. i liked that they focused on post grad kids rather than teenagers. and it had a nice toned down humor to it. i like it.

and i don't see how this was anything like juno. it seemed very genuine, whereas that movie was tedious garbage.

yeah I liked the pace of it as well...

Juno was in your face...

This film is not in your face at all, subtle, sweet, and funny....

perfect date movie...

you will get laid after you watch it!

• 4 months later...

So I finally watched this and was pretty impressed by it.

I thought it was a totally believable story. that's how university students act.

Plus the soundtrack was great...

and benedict cumberbatch...i remember the 80's too, and that's exactly what they were like in an industrial city (pittsburgh being famous for....)

Crappy amusement parks, crappy discos and getting drunk. Although I was only 14 in 88, so who knows about the discos.

Archived