IGNORED

Sequencing audio with video

Guest joshier

Guest joshier

Anyone do this?.. I'm finding it really tricky. Much harder than I was expecting because I'm going after realistic results so the sound matches what's happening so that it is totally believable.

I'm using premier now, though I was using ableton live for the video but this program seems to be easier to use. I know after effects too but I'm not sure which is best.

If anyone's got any tips, I'd love to hear them.

Guest Iain C
I'm not reading what you're on about. But can anyone tell me how to separate the audio from a .wmv, please?

If you can wait till tomorrow, I can do this for you!

Guest Gary C

Also, I've only ever used FinalCut. Easy and enjoyable though. Managed to get really fiddly with shit too, was nice.

Guest Iain C

Yep, I think everyone I know who's spoken about doing video editing at university or whatever has used Final Cut.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

im not really quite sure what you are after but if your talking about editing video to audio, theres a key you press on your keyboard in premiere that makes like lock points, so like if you want to edit the video so a clip changes every 16th note to a beat or something you just tap the key in sync with music and then your edits can lock into the rhythm you have tapped.

I forgot what button it is google research this shit for ADOBE PREMIERE or SONY VEGAS only to professional video editing programs I would recommend

It depends on the music, but if you are editing on beats, then my advice is to use different videos to create composition layers. Then try and make the cuts as unpredictable as you can by adding/removing layers as it correlates with the music.

Its really trying to find a balance, because if the video becomes too abstract it starts to overpower the music and then becomes completely uninteresting.

the easiest way :

add music to track

lock audio track

add slug or color bar video track over music

magnify audio track

razor slice video and audio tracks

add your video over music liberally using fit to fill feature liberally.

use final cut or final cut express

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

My advice I'm pretty sure its like 10 times faster and more naturally rhythmic

I don't know if you have ever tried anything like this or now that you can do it

You can tap to the beat as fast you want on the grid marker keystroke in adobe premiere and then you can lock the grid to that so your video cuts will all be perfectly in sync with the rhythm you naturally tap in

not some random ass shit that takes 30 times more guess work

Guest sysex

i've used logic in the past to sync audio to video. worked just fine for me.

soundtrack pro should work just fine as well.

logic will create clip/scenes and let you scrub the video along side the audio.

Archived