IGNORED

New logo - Yes or No

stephen1966

http://warp.net/records/boards-of-canada

I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but it belongs here.

I kinda like the imagery and there is definately scope for a new concept. Not sure of the font though but i guess you could get use to it.

Is this Warp's idea though or does it come from BoC. Maybe MDG could shed light on the matter.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Drahken

That background looks like the same mushroom cloud heavily used on the internets circa the early geocities days.

I like the text/cube but the backdrop is teh suck.

i'm fairly sure that mushroom cloud is a shot from bikini atoll/castle bravo, the first thermonuclear device

i am mildly obsessed with looking at footage of this stuff on youtube

By the way Fredd-E, well done on the recognition from Warp for your site, and hope the bro's give you thumbs up too. Respect.

Hope they do go down the post-apocolypse route. Love that shit: A Boy And His Dog, Le Dernier Combat, ZPG, Mad Max, The Quiet Earth, Logan's Run etc.

Maybe they've been making a movie, starring themselves.... Yeah!!! Grow up.

Guest Moebius
That background looks like the same mushroom cloud heavily used on the internets circa the early geocities days.

Actually Boards of Canada does not sample as much as commonly assumed. At great expense and effort, the band managed to obtain and detonate a surplus Soviet nuclear warhead and filmed the resulting explosure with a hand-cranked 8mm camera, from which a single frame you see here was selected.

By the way Fredd-E, well done on the recognition from Warp for your site, and hope the bro's give you thumbs up too.
Thanks. And keep in mind the bocpages wiki is a community effort. Lots of people who contributed through the years. And I do think BoC themselves are ok with this, else it wouldn't have been linked on the Warp site, I suppose. And they have to admit it's always nice to have free and positive publicity, especially now with the explosive growth of facebook and me having created a bocpages facebook page which links to bocpages.org and vice versa.

Viral boc spreading FTW!

Guest musicforairports

I like the text/cube but the backdrop is teh suck.

Maybe their next album concept is something to do with hideous mid-90's webpages.

New magic window track = annoying dail-up sound

stretching of an image to an amount where it does not look good anymore is something a web designer should not do - the more its the official warp page - it just looks bad

Guest musicforairports
stretching of an image to an amount where it does not look good anymore is something a web designer should not do - the more its the official warp page - it just looks bad

Looks like it was done on purpose

Guest David R James

Of course, nuclear testing is always going on around the boards of canda.

Guest Drahken

For a group that has in the past put so much forethought into their artwork Im confused more than anything. Maybe WARP didn't consult them and just had somebody in the office give BOC a listen and toss something together.

Guest phaelam
For a group that has in the past put so much forethought into their artwork Im confused more than anything. Maybe WARP didn't consult them and just had somebody in the office give BOC a listen and toss something together.

you honestly have no idea how much time was spent on anything. its funny how assumptions are made.

Guest Aces

you honestly have no idea how much time was spent on anything. its funny how assumptions are made.

I concur. Although, I don't think it lives up to the standard I would expect.

Guest Drahken

I never said I did, nor did I imply that a lot of time was spent on any of their previous artwork. If you'll note I said forethought, not time. I just would have expected something else given the relations BoC has had with artistic individuals. Forgive me if a crudely scaled picture of a nuclear explosion didn't make me jizz my pants. Perhaps I should have clarified that my post was just my perspective and not actual fact, but I thought that was rather implied being a forum laden with fanboism.

Archived